Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Where at

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 07:42 PM
krazyasslunatic
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where at

Hey guys im new to this site. Im planning on buying a 1948 f1 so figuring out stuff. Where everyone at here? what year trucks do you have? Anyone here do bodywork or a decent snading and primer job? anyone wanna help me get her running?

Old 01-24-2006, 09:27 PM
hotrod48
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How much you pay? J/K I have a 48 F-1 located southwest of Norman. Where are you located? Hope you get the truck.

hotrod48

Old 01-24-2006, 09:42 PM
krazyasslunatic
Junior User
i live in Elk City, im looking at this truck and a studebaker truck from around that same time. My girlfriends dads getting a 1955 ford f100 to, think he plans to put a fi 5.0 in it but not the h.o one

Old 01-24-2006, 10:31 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Welcome aboard! I've got a '50 F1 rod truck in the works(technically in pieces) and a daily driver restored '78 F150. I'm just north of Tulsa. I was on ebay today and saw a nice '48 F1 project truck started and in pieces in Kansas. If you keep yer eyes peeled you'll find lots of good project trucks in this state.

Old 01-25-2006, 12:08 AM
krazyasslunatic
Junior User
i put the links to some pics in my other thread so check them out if you guys have time

http://www.geocities.com/lil_eminem_...riverside1.JPG judst to give you an idea

Old 01-25-2006, 08:34 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Is that the truck you are looking at getting? Is the brown rust or primer? Looks like someone chopped the top. Hope it's done right, otherwise you may have some big problems getting the front and back glass in. What front bumper did they bondo onto it? Got more (daylight) pics?

Old 01-25-2006, 11:43 AM
krazyasslunatic
Junior User
no i just snapped them lastnight real quick, the brown is primer but the passenger side has some surface rust.

http://www.geocities.com/lil_eminem_2001/front1.JPG

not sure what kind of bumper it is just looked at tit for the first time yesterday, yes its the truck im considering buying

Old 01-25-2006, 12:22 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
hmmm....if you're still trying to decide on purchasing that truck you may want to take someone that knows about these F1 trucks with you to check it out. Rob(hotrod48) might be close to your location? What are the specs on the F1? What was modified/changed/added/removed? What engine, trans, rear come with it, etc?

Old 01-25-2006, 03:36 PM
hotrod48
Elder User
It would be a pretty good drive out there (Too far for me). To me, it appears that there is a good chunk of metal work left do for the cab. Not sure on the suspension swap, as far as welds, gussets, etc. It does appear that they chose a vehicle with the proper track width. The bumper appears to be from possibly a truck that is somewhat late model. To me, $1300 seems a little steep. I'm a tight wad and paid less that for my truck and drove it home (It was basically stock though). I would probably pass on it, but it's too hard to tell from pictures and in the end it's up to you.

hotrod48

Old 01-25-2006, 05:49 PM
krazyasslunatic
Junior User
this isnt far from running, just needs the tranny linkage hooked up and the normal stuff like oil changed and probably ingnition. Umm I asked about it some more to. Yes its a choptop 4inches. The engines a 350 from a buick along with the tranny and the rear end not sure what size. Its a 3 speed tranny. Umm it has disc brakes from a buick to. He syas the fram is clipped, dont know what that means but he said the middle is from a buick and the rear and front are both the original unless I misunderstood. I cant really find any other project around my town but i have time before i purchase this so ill keep an eye out for something better

Old 01-25-2006, 07:10 PM
SwOkcOffRoader
Postmaster
hmmmm...Half Buick?? Sounds kinda strange to me....but if you got it i would have someone else to pick on, like HotRod and his chebbie powered 48.. ..im just kidding...

Old 01-25-2006, 09:09 PM
hotrod48
Elder User
If it has been sitting for 8 years like you said in your other post, it will more than likely take much more than expected to get it going. The tranny should be the BOP TH 350, not sure on the rear end other than 10 bolt maybe. Frame clip is where the front suspension (Or rear suspension) from one vehicle is welded (Grafted) to another. It is much more in depth and technical than that, but that is about the easiest way of describing it on a computer. The middle should be the original frame while the front and rear clips (suspensions) should be from the Buick (If that is what the suspension is from. I'm not sure what Buick could have been used without doing some research). There should be plenty of projects out that way, or I would think so.

Brian, you think you are funny don't you?.........yankee. J/K

hotrod48

Old 01-25-2006, 09:19 PM
krazyasslunatic
Junior User
maybe if i go in the country more ill find something. I found a 66 that said for sale and the interior was nice but the ladt said it isnt for sale. Everytime I pass an old truck i turn around and go back and see if its for sale or not. Ill keep looking though, im pretty much into everything so im sure ill find something soon.

Old 01-26-2006, 07:35 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
IMHO that sounds like a bit too much for a project truck that may or may not be put together properly. That's a lot of hacking and modifying to that little truck. If it were me, I'd only use Ford parts in my classic Ford truck. But that's just me. It just wouldn't feel right to have a heavly hacked Ford truck running Buick parts in it. This guy may have grafted that front clip on ok, but I've never heard of a Buick front clip added to this series of truck before? I would keep looking. There are a lot of classic trucks out here in Oklahoma. Especially North of Tulsa. In fact there's a lot of classic cars for sale out here too. If I had time and money there's a nice 40 something car sitting in the front yard of a house I drive by a couple times a week.

Old 01-26-2006, 11:55 AM
krazyasslunatic
Junior User
he said only the center of the fram is buick. Ill keep my eyes open im not in a rush but i do plan on sticking to fords and it if it chevy powered or what not ill switch it out