Noobie from Maine..... ( and a pic)

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 11:18 AM
waynaferd
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Noobie from Maine..... ( and a pic)

Hey....

I'm up in Lincoln ('bout 45 minutes north of Bangor) and just bought this 72 Hi-Boy from a buddy to plow with. I've been tinkering on a Ramcharger, then a 92 Dodge truck, but I've decided to turn the Ford into a project after this winter, seeing's how I've been a Ford man since my first 84 F-150 in High School. So I gotta finish the dodge this winter, then sell it or put the plow on it, then start on the Ford...

Old 10-22-2006, 11:24 AM
john112deere
Posting Guru
That Ford's lookin' good. What are you planning to do to it? Doesn't seem to need much body work, at any rate. Always had a soft spot for the Ramchargers, too. Can't say why, but I sure do like 'em.

I'm down in Orono, at UMaine.

Old 10-22-2006, 11:37 AM
waynaferd
Elder User
I junked the R/C ( I regret that BAD!!), but have new 4" springs front and rear, a rebuilt 727 tranny and 318, and all kinds of other goodies from it that are going onto the 92.

As for the Hi-Boy, just new 2" springs front and rear, since the stockers are sagging bad, a 2 or 3" body lift, 37x13.5 on 17's, rebuild a 300 (instead of going V8), and the radiator support, cab supports, floor boards, and inner fenders all in need of serious repair, and register it as an antique or custom, so I can get away with the bigger tires and such, with no inspection sticker (factory frame height is about 4" taller than Maine lift law allows for a 3/4 ton). So far all I did was put a 1-ton brake booster on it since factory manual drums suck , and that's about it till spring. But I want to paint it eithe rbright green or orange, like the newer mustangs.

A couple years ago I lived on 4th st in Old Town, just up the hill behind the canoe factory ( I used to bomb around in a red 96 t-bird with straight pipes)

Old 10-23-2006, 08:10 AM
7283-F250
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
First off.... WELCOME....

Nice looking truck. Looks just like my 2 only taller.

If you need some parts (and it sounds like you do) let me know. I've finaly decided what I am doing with my 2 trucks. I have a decent cab if your interested. It is a 72 2wd cab but will fit fine on yours, just has a couple small holes in the outer cab corners that are easy fixes. It also has a bed light in it.