New Member Introductions New to FTE? Introduce yourself here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

1962 mostly yellow Ford pickup truck

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 12:53 AM
400bucktruck
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1962 mostly yellow Ford pickup truck

Hi there,
I bought this old truck for $400 back in august of 1986 from a retiring Chief aboard NAS Lemoore, Ca. It originated in Utah and I transferred title to California. Then in 1990 I was transferred to Beaufort,South Carolina and drove it loaded with my bike and 1700 lbs. worth of stuff over the Eisenhower pass thru Denver to Minnesota and on to Florida and Beaufort. Never missed a beat. A hot drive fershur.

Still drive it today and most around here know it and where it lives.
Been thinking about fixing it up and making it look pretty, so started searching and found this forum. Lurked awhile and like the attitudes and atmosphere here.

Truck is a solid F-100, has posi-traction I think as both wheels spin and kick up a good bit of dirt. Has an older model box with a narrow tailgate. It is just a farm truck, but I like it. After all these years it's a sentimental thing now.

I have rebuilt the generator in the parking lot of the NAPA store in, I think, Grand Junction, Colorado or thereabouts. Rebuilt the starter in Jacksonville, Florida. Replaced a blown head gasket in Minnesota. And replaced the clutch plate in the rain on the road in California.

Looking to replace the glass and make it one color. I've since got married and my wife doesn't understand why I don't get a new truck. She has finally come around to asking if I could atleast paint it.

So watching for tips and tricks and the occasional part.

I also have a '59 longbox in Minn. in storage and a '59 shortbox sitting out back that my wife wants to see go away. Have about 3 Y blocks sitting out back, so I have spare parts.

So anyway, Hi everyone.

Don

Old 01-17-2006, 05:36 AM
Beast12
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi and welcome to FTE! Be sure to read this to help you around this site: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...88#post3272088 There are also State, Provincial and International Chapters located near the bottom of the main forum page.

We are glad to have you. Hope you enjoy the site. Check out the various forums. Lots of great info for you.

See ya on the boards!

-Matt