1968-Present E-Series Van/Cutaway/Chassis Econolines. E150, E250, E350, E450 and E550

E-350 OD Button / Stabalizer Bar links

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 12:39 AM
Desert-Rat
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink E-350 OD Button / Stabalizer Bar links

I have a 04 E-350 15pass, just thought I would pass on the info. I noticed my O.D. disengage button on the gear selector was not working anymore. At first I thought it was the electronics at the transmission because of our travels through a blizzard in the Sierras. later found that if I moved the steering column up and down in to different positions, the button would start working again. Took it to the dealer to find out it is in fact the gear selector and that this is starting to become some what common. Dealer is going to replace at no charge. (thank god I only have 28K on her).

-also-

a couple months back I started to hear a slight creaking / popping noise from the pass front suspension while traveling on uneven roads or over speed bumps (very slight noise, just loud enough to be irritating). after dealer inspection, turns out to be the end link bushings on the front stabalizer bar. once again the dealer advises that this is becoming a common complaint. especially when these vans are driven in dusty conditions.

Just thought I would pass it on in case anyone else is experiencing the same problems !