Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Gary Lewis

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-08-2006, 02:16 PM
Junior User

spankin460 is starting off with a positive reputation.
meeting

when is the next okc ford meetingClick the image to open in full size.
i really need to pull the ford out and drive aroundClick the image to open in full size.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:52 PM
Elder User

ranger240 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'm up for one, I guess this could be a new thread and get one planned.

my schedule is still the same. mon and fri off, then I usually get off early on sat and tues. so most any evening is fine with me.

lets see who pops in on this thread, and go from there

"Go ahead and cook, Lois. We'll throw it out. Wouldn't want you to get rusty." -Peter Griffin
Old 01-10-2006, 10:46 AM
Elder User

hotrod48 is starting off with a positive reputation.
A meet would be nice, but I have no clue when and where would be good. I start school next week, so I don't know what my schedule will be like (As far as studying and homework goes). ranger, did you ever move out here?

hotrod48
Old 01-10-2006, 04:42 PM
Elder User

still trying to get out of this house, seems like no one wants a house without a garage, I understand wholeheartedly.

I was talking to some others about meeting times (on the nissan forums) and they seem to feel weeknight meets usually work best if we are just gonna get together for some food and conversation. but I think saturdays will be best for a good show and tell day.

"Go ahead and cook, Lois. We'll throw it out. Wouldn't want you to get rusty." -Peter Griffin
Old 01-10-2006, 07:48 PM
Junior User

you need a garage to build up your ford in.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:38 PM
Posting Guru

SwOkcOffRoader has a good reputation on FTE.SwOkcOffRoader has a good reputation on FTE.
its about time!!!! just kidding guys, last year was nuts and i know we all had a hard time getting together for different reasons.....but now its a new year and i think it will be more productive on alot of levels.....im down for a meet whenever, i never know if im working saturdays until the friday before, but even if i do the latest i would be at work is 4:30...but i dont think this company works many saturdays though.....i think we should do like we discussed before and centralize the meet...i say we try Toms idea and have it at the skyline restaurant on SE 15th just east of I-35, its basically a truckstop so parking shouldnt be a problem, and ive never heard any complaints about the food....my old coworkers meet there every morning before work and swear by the place.....its a thought, yall chime in and tell me what ya think......

Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but always enough time to do it again??
....Will work for Rep points....
Old 01-10-2006, 11:01 PM
Junior User

after or before my trip if possible im gone jan 18 thru 27
Old 01-10-2006, 11:48 PM
Elder User

hotrod48 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwOkcOffRoader
i say we try Toms idea and have it at the skyline restaurant on SE 15th just east of I-35, its basically a truckstop so parking shouldnt be a problem, and ive never heard any complaints about the food....my old coworkers meet there every morning before work and swear by the place.....its a thought, yall chime in and tell me what ya think......
I wouldn't take your word for a good resturaunt after that fish house. That is a long drive for me. Probably a dumb idea, but why not a Saturday night and then go and cruise 39th or Northwest Expressway? Or a friday night and then go cruise 12th Street if it's still happening? (Not really the right time of year though) Anyway, I don't really know what I will be able to make.

hotrod48
Old 01-11-2006, 12:27 AM
Posting Guru

SwOkcOffRoader has a good reputation on FTE.SwOkcOffRoader has a good reputation on FTE.
lol...i SWEAR that catfish house was awesome every other time i had their food......but it was pretty nasty that day, musta been a different cook....no ac didnt help either.......as for the skyline, it wasnt my idea, so there chevy boy..

Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but always enough time to do it again??
....Will work for Rep points....
Old 01-12-2006, 07:37 PM
Elder User

I won't eat at the skyline, even though it does share the name with one of the most reknown high performance car by Nissan. I used to deliver bread there, and I know the conditions they work in......lets just say.....well I'm not eating there.

as for a centralized location, it would seem that south OKC is most central to the majority of us OKC area members, except Tom, Brian, Howard, and that guy with the chevy engine in his *VERP* Ford. just messin'

Old 01-16-2006, 03:09 AM
Freshman User

okie65 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thumbs up

I would really try to get out and meet some of you guys and just look at everyone's truck. OKC is fine with me......but if you like catfish, Bill's Fish House out in Tuttle is really good and they have a big parking lot. They also have a new Bills on I-35, but I haven't been there yet. Toby Keith's would be kind of a neat place to see a bunch of Fords in the parking lot, but get there early......last time I went, it was right at 3:00 and by the time I ate and left, it was kind of crowded.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:53 AM
Junior User

HOWiseJR is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hello Everyone,
Guess you have already got together for a meet, or if you havent give me a call Ken,Not much happen here, finally Nancy and I retired. New project 1981 Triumph TR-7, boy is it a junker set 11 years outside. 64 doing fine just needs real paint job. See ya
1964 F-100 Stepside L6 223 4X2
Old 01-21-2006, 06:56 PM
Elder User

nope no meet that I know of, unless you guys did it without me? in that case I hope it was fun!! hahaha

Old 01-21-2006, 06:56 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter