Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Tennessee Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Neal 97 250

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-07-2006, 02:36 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
CAJUN COOKIN' is comin' to the Drummonds/Munford/Quito area!!!

Thats right!

There's a family from Louisianna about to open a place in Drummonds - should swing the doors wide in two and a half weeks, I talked to the "MAN" today.

It is near the intersection of the Quito Drummonds, Munford Drummonds road, and Richardsons Landing road, up by Martha's store. The place is called "DAKOTA's", and they do GUMBO, PO' BOY's, Steak, Pizza, Appetizers, and all that. The man says there will be daily specials, and they sho do catfish!!!

The flyer they put out bills it as: "Cuisine La Luizianne". I hope you see what I do in this, it is tantalising to say the least... Jeez, I'm salivating already!

I wonder if they will do crawfish?

He's a big ole boy - so it must be good eatin'! I expect to try them out on the first day, and I hope they do well. THIS looks like a good thing, locally....

My impression is that they are real good people.

~Wolfie

Last edited by Greywolf; 01-07-2006 at 02:55 PM.
Old 01-09-2006, 04:17 PM
Junior User

dlbelton is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'm gonna have to cruise up that way and check them out! I love good cajun food
Old 01-10-2006, 06:43 AM
Post Fiend

lariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant future
I'll see if we can make it out this weekend. I'm a cajon myself & lovethe food
Old 01-10-2006, 07:27 AM
Junior User

C'Mon Greywolf... give us an opening date!!!
Old 03-24-2006, 08:50 AM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
Well, so far I've tried a foot-long Moufaletta Po' Boy sandwich (The MAN himself told me: "PO' BOY is what we call 'em. SUB sandwich is a Yankee thing...").

Moufaletta is a sandwich heavy on meat, smothered with cooked onions and olives, and toasted. It has a lingering flavor that is so dang good I kept wanting another one for a week afterwards. The Etouffe is awesome, though in small portions. They make their own hot sausage, which I have yet to try.

A roast beef sandwich from there has enough meat in it to feed a small army. Had a BLT one day that I thought a whole hog was inside of!

But the one I got last night was one I never dreamed of before -
A foot long CATFISH Po' Boy...

I'm having the other half of it for lunch today!!!

PS: YES, they sho nuff do crawfish! In fact, the Etouffe' has crawfish in it.

Here's a map:
Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by Greywolf; 03-24-2006 at 09:36 AM.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:55 AM
Junior User

Looks like the only time I'm going to be able to try it out is on the weekends. A little too far for me to drive at lunch since I work on Mendenhall south of Winchester!

You made me really hungry talking about it, so I have to try it out now! May cruise up there later on and grab me a bite or two... or three....
Old 03-25-2006, 10:08 AM
Post Fiend

lariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant futurelariat97 has a brilliant future
I will have to try the place. I might be up there this weekend. The food sounds great.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:16 PM
Posting Guru

westtntrucker has a very good reputation on FTE.westtntrucker has a very good reputation on FTE.westtntrucker has a very good reputation on FTE.
Sound like a future G2G meeting place to me!!! Try and post one of the menus for us Greywolf so we all can salavitate!!!
Old 03-31-2006, 07:19 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Y'all asked about it, so here comes the list:
(Not complete, because there are daily specials)

Entree's
Crawfish Dakota
Gumbo
Ettouffe (With Crawfish - not schrimp - the real Lousianne deal!)
Sauce Picuante (the Louisianne pronunciation is "PI-CAHN", in spanish it would be "Pee-Cahn-Tay")
Red Beans
Catfish Plate
(above comes with bread and salad sides)

Po Boys (6" and Footlong)
Roast beef
Smoked Chicken
Muffaletta (This has a flavor that lingers and makes you want more. I'M NOT KIDDING!)
Hamburger
BLT
Ham
BBQ (!!!)
HOT Sausage
Fried Chicken (Yes, it's a PO BOY sandwich)
Smoked Sausage
Shrimp
Catfish (I tried one, it was more than I could eat at one sitting)

House Sides:
Boudin (I think this is pronounced "Boo-Dahn")
Jambalaya
Levron Potato Salad (Made plain so that people who don't like pickles or onions are okay. If you want them in it, just ask!)
NOTE: It's a special way of making potato salad - smooth, not chunky. I could ask for Jalapeno's in it, and they would.

They also do pizza's, hot wings, chicken nuggets & tenders, spicy and mild french fries, and cheese sticks...

But like I mentioned - there are daily specials...

*If you go there just on the fly, you were within two or three hundred yards of my little spread.
**So far, at least once a week the locals run them out of food...

Last edited by Greywolf; 03-31-2006 at 07:50 PM.
Old 04-01-2006, 07:59 AM
Post Fiend

I guess I have to try this place. I'll ask my boss the wife if she wants some cajun food.
Old 04-02-2006, 06:37 PM
Elder User

alabamabuddog is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Hummmmm maybe we could have a little meet there some time and Drum up some business for em?

2000 Excursion automatic Power Stroke

96 F350 BLACK! Manual with a Power Stroke

81 CJ7 8 3/8 lift and 35's
Old 04-02-2006, 08:59 PM
Posting Guru

rywegh has a good reputation on FTE.rywegh has a good reputation on FTE.
Ryan M Weghorn
Dangit Wolfie I just ate and yuor making my mouth water for food that is 400 miles away. Go stand in the corner and no po'boys for a week.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:06 AM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamabuddog
Hummmmm maybe we could have a little meet there some time and Drum up some business for em?
Drumming up business for them isn't the problem - it's getting there before they run out of something! The place is kickin'...
Old 04-03-2006, 08:06 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Tennessee Chapter

Tags
250, cajun, dakotas, dakotasdrummonds, dalotas, drummonds, ford, moufaletta, moufalletta, munford, quito, restaurant, restaurants, road, tennessee, tn