You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!
We did not meet our goal for the minimum number of pre-registrations. Larry will be sending all the payments back first thing next week.
Peggy, the crew and I have had a lot of difficult discussions about this the past 2-3 weeks. We think its best for everyone if the Kansas Chapter takes it show completely back into its own hands. Its been a success that way for them, and its the local groups that help make FTE a success. We will give our support to the local groups the following ways...
1. Bail out of the national rally while it still leaves the Kansas Chapter time to put on their regional show.
2. We absolutely would love to see the Kansas Chapter put on a great regional Kansas show and will attend it. We'll even bring goodies for the members, but we can't cover the costs of a show as we did with a National FTE show.
3. We're going to ask for the other chapters to submit to FTE their plans for a local event. It can be big, or small, doesn't matter. It just has to have firm commitment from the members, with a date/time so we can make plans to attend. We're going to attend at least 4 chapter events this year, and Kansas is a firm commitment if they have their show. NW Chapter is a close second.
4. We will support the local events we attend with trophies if they have enough trucks for judging, t-shirts, bumper stickers, hat pins and other goodies.
5. Chapter events we are unable to attend will get some t-shirts and bumper stickers to give away.
6. We will give our support to chapter events, whether we attend or not, by promoting their events.
I'm really sorry to read that, but I understand your decision. 2 years ago, I had committed to helping with a 2006 national convention, which would have prevented me from attending the proposed 2006 FTE event. Although I would have been willing to help FTE with "behind-the-scenes," preliminary stuff, I could not have overcome the scheduling conflict, which is why I didn't pre-register. Regardless, there's no doubt in my mind that the Kansas chapter will do an excellent job with the event.
Empower The Public, Pay It Forward
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.