General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

My chain saw oiler won't work

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 08:36 PM
tomrooster-1
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My chain saw oiler won't work

My chain saw oiler won't work so I cleaned it out and stuck a wire in the hole and cleaned the screen on the pickup tube and tried blowing it out with compressed air but nothing. It doesn't have a pump button so it must be a automatic oiler. It's a Partner Pioneer. I think Model 7000. Any ideas? Tom

Old 01-05-2006, 08:53 PM
RocketScience
Posting Guru
This Thread may soon experience TTR (Thread Topic Relocation). It is a phenomenon here at FTE for which nobody can explain. One moment your thread is there, then moments later it is gone. The most popular theory for this phenomenon is linked to alien abduction. It is said that after abduction, your thread is subjected to various forms of scientific testing. Many say that alien microchips are planted in your thread, giving the aliens the ability to change text, smileys, and on rare occasions, the actual subject matter. Do not fret however, it is said that the aliens will send you a secret message explaining where you can find your thread. Once you and your thread are reacquainted, you will find that your thread has no real recollection of the ordeal, only vague anomalous memories......

Old 01-06-2006, 12:13 AM
JD717
Elder User
On a Partner 7000, if you need a new oiler, you better hope to find a good ole dealer with a stash of parts for that model, since PArtner was bought out by electrolux, and is now a poulan like thing. have you checked the screen in the oil tank? how about for kinks on the oil hose, or possibly something not allowing the pump gears to turn.

Old 01-06-2006, 08:31 AM
tomrooster-1
Tuned
I checked the screen and no kinks in the hose that I can see but I don't know about the gears as I don't really know where they are or how to get to them , Thanks JD, Tom

Old 01-06-2006, 08:37 AM
sglaine
Posting Legend
I wish I could help. But I never heard of that brand.

Old 01-06-2006, 08:53 AM
merlynr
Posting Guru
Lots of chain saws use pressure in the oil tank to push oil out thru the line to the chain. The pressure is created by crankcase pressure in some instances. I don't know about your particular saw, but if you are not getting a good seal at the fill cap, then you lose pressure buildup. Try to pressurize the oil tank and see if you get oil at chain.

Old 01-06-2006, 02:28 PM
jimbeamalki
Senior User
I used to have an old 'Mac' chainsaw and the manual oiler wouldn't work. I kept a 3 lb. coffee can 3/4 full of used motor oil and every few minutes I'd stick the chain bar in the oil. Be careful if reving the saw not to hit the side of the can (leak, leak), and if reving the bar in the can watch out, cause it will throw oil pretty far.

Old 01-06-2006, 08:07 PM
Beast12
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RocketScience
This Thread may soon experience TTR (Thread Topic Relocation). It is a phenomenon here at FTE for which nobody can explain. One moment your thread is there, then moments later it is gone. The most popular theory for this phenomenon is linked to alien abduction. It is said that after abduction, your thread is subjected to various forms of scientific testing. Many say that alien microchips are planted in your thread, giving the aliens the ability to change text, smileys, and on rare occasions, the actual subject matter. Do not fret however, it is said that the aliens will send you a secret message explaining where you can find your thread. Once you and your thread are reacquainted, you will find that your thread has no real recollection of the ordeal, only vague anomalous memories......
YEP! Thread relocated to General NON-Automotive Conversation.

-Matt

Old 01-06-2006, 08:14 PM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Damn aliens

Old 01-06-2006, 08:34 PM
RocketScience
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by preppypyro
Damn aliens
I was begining to wonder if those nice aliens had left our planet Earth....

Must be lots and lots of abductions to do, and only so many hours in the day to do it.

Old 01-07-2006, 03:39 PM
mike93
Elder User
Originally Posted by RocketScience
I must have the same "alien abduction" problem with my cash. It's allways being relocated somewhere else and I have no recollection on where it went.

Old 01-07-2006, 03:48 PM
mike93
Elder User
Originally Posted by merlynr
Lots of chain saws use pressure in the oil tank to push oil out thru the line to the chain. The pressure is created by crankcase pressure in some instances. I don't know about your particular saw, but if you are not getting a good seal at the fill cap, then you lose pressure buildup. Try to pressurize the oil tank and see if you get oil at chain.
What he said. If the oil tank has the slightest leak it will not pressurize. It is not very much pressure but it needs all it can get. Some of those caps have cheep cork for a gasket and will not seal very well even when they look new. Check the pressure line from the crack case if any of this applies to your model.