another one:
http://thepowershop.com/index.php?pr...troke_Troubles

Old 01-01-2006, 10:51 AM
maevans
Posting Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great soure of infomation, Thanks for passing it along

He talked about the wire loom on the intercooler tube, wearing a hole threw it,
Luckily i found it before it when threw, I put several layers of Aluminum foil tape on it for a fix,and zipped tied it . Saved it to my Favorites.

Old 01-01-2006, 10:54 AM
PSNut
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by maevans
Great soure of infomation, Thanks for passing it along

He talked about the wire loom on the intercooler tube, wearing a hole threw it,
Luckily i found it before it when threw, I put several layers of Aluminum foil tape on it for a fix,and zipped tied it . Saved it to my Favorites.
Yeah...this gent has some great tips to help save u some moola in repairs.

Old 01-01-2006, 10:58 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 791 Likes on 603 Posts
I copied and pasted this part of his article. It never occurred to me that the oil to the HPOP is not filtered first.

Because the injection system uses unfiltered oil directly from the pan , it makes total sense to use the very best synthetic motor oil after break-in. High quality synthetic lubricants can tolerate much higher temperatures without coking or breaking down. The best synthetic oils also keep the engine clean by being able to dissolve deposits and keep them safely in suspension to be filtered out or removed at drain time. It is a good idea to install a bypass oil filter on these engines. A fine bypass filter slowly filters the oil to remove particles as small as 2 microns. The full flow filter lets particles below 20 to 30 microns stay in the oil. It is the particles between 5 and 30 microns that are responsible for most of the wear on HEUI injectors and engines. Adding bypass oil filtration, in addition to the normal full flow oil filter, will get rid of these small particles, which would otherwise accumulate in the motor oil to become the cause of wear and failures.

Old 01-01-2006, 11:00 AM
PSNut
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Kwikkordead
I copied and pasted this part of his article. It never occurred to me that the oil to the HPOP is not filtered first.

Because the injection system uses unfiltered oil directly from the pan , it makes total sense to use the very best synthetic motor oil after break-in. High quality synthetic lubricants can tolerate much higher temperatures without coking or breaking down. The best synthetic oils also keep the engine clean by being able to dissolve deposits and keep them safely in suspension to be filtered out or removed at drain time. It is a good idea to install a bypass oil filter on these engines. A fine bypass filter slowly filters the oil to remove particles as small as 2 microns. The full flow filter lets particles below 20 to 30 microns stay in the oil. It is the particles between 5 and 30 microns that are responsible for most of the wear on HEUI injectors and engines. Adding bypass oil filtration, in addition to the normal full flow oil filter, will get rid of these small particles, which would otherwise accumulate in the motor oil to become the cause of wear and failures.
Well said Kwik...love my TP filters...Ralph says filters slightly below 1 micron.

Old 01-01-2006, 11:26 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by PSNut
Well said Kwik...love my TP filters...Ralph says filters slightly below 1 micron.
Yes, and guess what my next purchase is going to be ASAP!!!
A little convincing for the wife and it will be on order.

Old 01-01-2006, 11:27 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Here's another article that he wrote that addresses the relationship the our Powerstrokes have with the lube oil.

http://thepowershop.com/index.php?pr...ng_Powerstroke

Old 01-01-2006, 11:33 AM
johnny8
Postmaster
ok, you talked me into a by-pass filter system...! geeze... more money to spend on the mule... the wife is gonna shoot me..! where do i get one and how much mula..?

Old 01-01-2006, 11:41 AM
PSNut
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Kwikkordead
Here's another article that he wrote that addresses the relationship the our Powerstrokes have with the lube oil.

http://thepowershop.com/index.php?pr=Cleaning_Powerstroke
DAng!...i was just reading that one...AWESOME info...i know where i'll be visiting
more often...i signed up for his newsletter.

Last edited by Kwikkordead; 01-01-2006 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Fix the quote box.
Old 01-01-2006, 11:43 AM
PSNut
Postmaster
Originally Posted by johnny8
ok, you talked me into a by-pass filter system...! geeze... more money to spend on the mule... the wife is gonna shoot me..! where do i get one and how much mula..?
www.bypassfilter.com

Old 01-01-2006, 11:55 AM
johnny8
Postmaster
which one did you use and how did you mount it up..? how did you plumb the feed and return lines..?

Old 01-01-2006, 12:12 PM
PSNut
Postmaster
which one did you use and how did you mount it up..? how did you plumb the feed and return lines..?
I went with dual M-30's plus i got his connection kit.
Installed under driver side area for easy connect to block. No room in engine compatment.

Attached Images   
Old 01-01-2006, 12:29 PM
johnny8
Postmaster
I went with dual M-30's plus i got his connection kit.
Installed under driver side area for easy connect to block. No room in engine compatment.
so that connection kit allowed you to just bolt it into the block right by the stock filter..? how was that installation...? how good were the directions...? what do you have to do with those dual filters and how often..?

Old 01-01-2006, 12:48 PM
PSNut
Postmaster
so that connection kit allowed you to just bolt it into the block right by the stock filter..? how was that installation...? how good were the directions...? what do you have to do with those dual filters and how often..?
The kit had most of the stuff needed for one unit. Had to stop at Home Depot for more adapters( a couple of "t"'s for the dual setup.) u could probably do better on adapters/oil line parts at a marine/ heavy epuipment supplier...price wise.I also installed the shut-off in the feed line for changes. When changing filters(dual) it uses up about one qt. Good for replenishing the oil additive package.
This link has some helpful info on adapter sizes...etc.
http://www.oilguard.com/Ford7Install.php

Old 01-01-2006, 12:49 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i would look at DieselSite or ITPdiesel for your bypass filtration needs. get a coolant filter while youre at it.