6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

EGR Replaced in Mexico - Thanks Y'all

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 11:47 AM
sanpanchosue
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EGR Replaced in Mexico - Thanks Y'all

Thank you Ford Doctor, Tim and the others that helped and advised while I'm down here in Mexico.

Got a new EGR shipped into Puerto Vallarta and had it installed on the spot when I went to pick it up. (No Appointment required)

The Dealership charged 3,998 pesos for the EGR and 799 pesos for the install. Yesterday the US dollar was worth 10.67 pesos at Wal-mart. You do the math.

Now with any luck I'll be able to recover all if not most of the costs under warranty when I return to Canada.

It would be nice if one of my Canadian bretheren would call Ford Canada and see what their policy is on warrantyable items repaired in Mexico. It would be nice to know.

Anyhow, the truck is running great. Thanks to the forum, the problem was diagnosed correctly and the first fix was the only one required. Now it's time to get some serious mileage on my third engine, but that's a different story.

Old 12-28-2005, 11:55 AM
mhoefer
Postmaster
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Hi:
Good to hear that all worked out. I would say bring reciepts and your truck and show em the dead dodges and Cheby's on the side and then say you will accept a cash or credit card payment for the repairs at their current exchange. If that doesn't work, how about the 1-800. Shouldn't be a problem, especially if they want to keep your business. Where abouts do you live, I am a BC'er too.

PS, nice rig.

Old 12-28-2005, 12:01 PM
sanpanchosue
Senior User
Originally Posted by mhoefer
Hi:
Good to hear that all worked out. I would say bring reciepts and your truck and show em the dead dodges and Cheby's on the side and then say you will accept a cash or credit card payment for the repairs at their current exchange. If that doesn't work, how about the 1-800. Shouldn't be a problem, especially if they want to keep your business. Where abouts do you live, I am a BC'er too.

PS, nice rig.
Maintain an Aldergrove address. I'm a fulltime RV'er so home is where I park it. Left the lower mainland on Oct 10 this year, spent 6 weeks in Yuma, AZ getting a new engine and now down here near Puerto Vallarta till sometime in March. Will head back to Aldergrove to spend the summer goofing around at an RV dealership trying to sell enough stuff to pay for next year's fuel.

Thank you for the comment on the truck. Kissed a lot of Frogs to get it.

Old 12-28-2005, 09:18 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey, good news! Glad you got her runnin'. Enjoy a sippin glass of good tequilla for me. Travel safe my Canadian friend in Mexico.
Tim

Last edited by olfordsnstone; 12-28-2005 at 09:20 PM.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:38 PM
sanpanchosue
Senior User
Originally Posted by olfordsnstone
Hey, good news! Glad you got her runnin'. Enjoy a sippin glass of good tequilla for me. Travel safe my Canadian friend in Mexico.
Tim

Thanks for all the help Tim. Although I wasn't brave enough to take off the EGR myself, I think it will work better for me having it installed by a dealership when it comes to making a warranty claim when I get home and if there are future problems.

Way ahead of you on the tequilla thing, but I'll make sure I toast you a couple of times