Sponsored by:

Factory Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 09:06 AM
lslavick
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory Remote Start

My wife gave me a remote start for Xmas and had it installed yesterday. It is just the remote start that Ford sells. It came with its own transmitter that only controls the remote start. Now I have to carry 2 transmitters.

Does anyone know if I can use a transmitter from the Ford alarm/remote start, that has 4 buttons, with my system? Or, do they make an aftermarket transmitter that will work with the factory remote entry and remote start systems?

Any help would be appreciated!

By the way, what a great forum! I am asking a lot of questions now but hope to contribute in the future!

Merry Xmas to everyone!

Larry

Old 12-22-2005, 09:50 AM
05Lmtd
New User
Sorry, I don't know about reprogramming your transmitter but I would like to ask what it cost you to have the remote start installed.
I've been looking at Ford Accessories Remote Start and on one of the listings they say the installation is easy (less than 15 minutes) . Could that be right?
If so, I think I would (try to) install it myself.
Thanks for the info.

JS

Old 12-22-2005, 10:16 AM
lslavick
New User
There were 2 parts: 2W7Z-19G364-CA - 167.52
1L3Z-19G365-AB - 28.23

These price included a 10% off coupon.

The installation was 175.00. I stopped by the dealer when they were installing and it didn't look like a 15 min job.

Had it one day and love it!!!

Old 12-22-2005, 11:28 AM
05Lmtd
New User
That's kind of what I thought. That ease-o-meter must not be calibrated. My brother-in-law has one on his F350 diesel and it sounded like it was a bigger job but maybe part of it was the diesel.

They sure are nice up here in the frigid north though.

Merry Christmas!

JS

Old 12-24-2005, 07:52 PM
IPACA9
Senior User
Hey I'm an installer for the Ford Accessory Division here in KC. The system you have is called the Bronze system. It is ONLY a remote starter. However the Silver System uses the same harnesses. You may ask them if they could upgrade you into the Silver kit. Part number is 2W7Z-19G364-BA. This unit will give you keyless entry and a car finder feature. You're reception is alot nicer for you lock and unlock as well. You can even go a step further for the Gold alarm/remote start system. Model number is 2W7Z-19G364-AA.

Old 12-25-2005, 07:19 AM
dmp437
Elder User
Ditto what KC said. I installed a "Gold" system which is an Alarm/Keyless/Remote Start system. All systems are made by CodeAlarm for Ford and use the same base/wire harness. What the system is capable of is determined by a snap-in CPU. That way you can upgrade the Bronze to a Silver or Gold system by changing the chip and connecting any additional wires if required.

I bought my Gold system off E-Bay for about $135. I also required an additional (3) relays from the Ford dealer for an extra $22. Install time was about 5 hours because of the wiring technique I use. All connections are soldered, heat shrinked, and taped.
Complete installation directions and programming info along with what each system consists of is available at www.gemsen.com/ford

Old 12-25-2005, 09:10 PM
Miescha
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey KCautosound:

Do any of these systems have the ability to start the car daily or at preset time intervals for a given amount of time and then turn off? (this can be usefull for keeping the battery charged, and the like).

Also, do any of these systems have the ability to keep the vehicle running after the key has been removed without turning off and restarting?

I have a code alarm system on another vehicle that came with a LCD display and allows for a ton of options. I like to keep the vehicle running to allow my diesel to cool down - I'd prefer to not turn off the vehicle and turn it back on as I'd like to minimize wear on the starter. My other system allows me to simply press the remote start "option" button as if starting the car remotely and it will confirm the option and then I can remove the key and keep the car running for a preset amount of time.

Likewise, I can set the system to start the car daily (or another preset time interval) for a set amount of time and then turn off.

I think it also has a timer built in for parking meters and the like but I don't use those features.

Old 12-26-2005, 01:49 AM
IPACA9
Senior User
I'm assuming you have either a Code Alarm CA-670 or the earlier model LCD unit.

The CA-670 has some cool features built into it. If you have a different model read your owners manual.

Using the "Quick-Stop" Feature
If you want to make a short stop and keep your vehicle running (to keep the interior warm or cool), the quick-stop feature allows you to do this while keeping your vehicle secure and your keys with you.
  1. Stop the vehicle and place the transmission in PARK
  2. With your foot off the brake pedal, press and release the OPTION button on the remote control two (2) times within 2 seconds. The parking lights will turn on indicating the vehicle is now running via remote vehicle start.
  3. Remove the keys from the ignition and exit the vehicle. Press the LOCK icon button on the remote control to lock the vehicle's doors if desired
Operating the 2/4 Hour Start Up Timer Mode
The system has the ability to start the vehicle every 2 or 4 hours over a 48 hour period. This feature is especially useful in cold climates where the only means to keep the engine and the engine fluids war is to periodically start the engine.
Selecting between 2 and 4 hour start up: (default 4 hour)
  1. Begin with the safety (red handled) control switch in the ON position
  2. Turn the ignition switch ON then OFF
  3. Within 10 seconds move the safety (red handled) control switch OFF, ON, OFF, ON (2 switch cycles) to select a 2 hour start timer. After 10 seconds the parking lights will flash and the system will sound 2 times indicating that the 2 hour start timer is selected

OR

Within 10 seconds move the safety (red handled) control switch OFF, ON, OFF, ON, OFF, ON, OFF, ON (4 switch cycles) to select a 4 hour start timer. After 10 seconds the parking lights will flash and the system will sound 4 times indicating that the 4 hour start timer is selected.
To begin the 2/4 hour start up timer mode
  1. Tun the ignition key ON then OFF.
  2. Within 10 seconds press the OPT button on the remote control four (4) times.

The parking lights will flash and the system will sound 4 times indicating the 2/4 hour start up timer mode has been activated. The vehicle will start every 2 or 4 hours and run for the preset time limit (5, 10, 15, or 20 minutes) and then shutdown. This will continue for 48 hours unless the 2/4 hour start up timer is cancelled
To begin the 2/4 hour start up timer mode from the remote control:
  1. Activate the remote vehicle start feature using the remote control.
  2. Shutdown the remote vehicle starter using the remote control (press the OPT button 2 times).
  3. Within 10 seconds press the OPT button on the remote control 4 times.

The parking lights will flash and the system will sound 4 times indicating 2/4 hour start up timer mode has been activated. The vehicle will start every 2 or 4 hours and run for the preset time limit (5, 10, 15 or 20 minutes) and then shutdown. This will continue for 48 hours unless the 2/4 hour start up timer is cancelled.
To cancel the 2/4 hour start up timer mode:
  1. Start the vehicle using the ignition key, then press the brake pedal

OR
  2. Activate the remote vehicle start feature using the remote control.
Operating the Temperature Start Mode
The system has the ability to start the vehicle when the temperature reaches 0 degrees. To toggle this feature on/off using the remote control press the UNLOCK and OPT buttons simultaneously for 1 second.

NOTE: This feature must be turned ON in options programming. Check with your installing dealer to insure this feature is set to the ON position

Operating the Daily Start Timer
The system has the ability to start your vehicle based on a 24-hour countdown timer. To activate this feature, using the remote control press the LOCK and OPT buttons simultaneously for 1 second. The system will begin counting down from 24 hours, and start the vehicle when it reaches zero. This timer will only activate 1 time and will need to be reactivated for each 24 hour period.

Turbo Timer Feature (PARKING BRAKE MUST BE HOOKED UP!)
This unit has the ability to leave the engine running for an additional 5 minutes to cool down the vehicles turbo. After a period of driving when a turbocharger has been working hard, it is important to let the engine run at idle speed for a period of time, allowing the compressor assembly to run down in speed and cool from the lower gas temperatures in both the exhaust and intake tracts. At the same time the lubricating oil from the engine is able to circulate properly so the turbine won't burn the lubricating oil that would otherwise be trapped within the charger with the turbine rotating at high speed.
To engage the turbo timer feature:
  1. With the vehicle running via the ignition key, and your foot off of the brake pedal.
  2. Engage the vehicle's parking brake.
  3. The vehicle's parking lights will turn on to verify the turbo timer feature has been activated.
  4. Turn the ignition key OFF, the vehicle will continue to rund for an additional 5 minutes.
To disengage the turbo timer feature:
  1. Press the vehicle's brake pedal.

OR
  2. Turn the safety (red handled) control switch to the OFF position.

Old 12-26-2005, 02:03 AM
lslavick
New User
Originally Posted by KCAutosound
Hey I'm an installer for the Ford Accessory Division here in KC. The system you have is called the Bronze system. It is ONLY a remote starter. However the Silver System uses the same harnesses. You may ask them if they could upgrade you into the Silver kit. Part number is 2W7Z-19G364-BA. This unit will give you keyless entry and a car finder feature. You're reception is alot nicer for you lock and unlock as well. You can even go a step further for the Gold alarm/remote start system. Model number is 2W7Z-19G364-AA.
When you say it uses the same harnesses... Can I just replace the bronze box with a silver box and get the keyless entry with out any additional wiring? I know I will have to ket new transmitters.

Old 12-26-2005, 02:09 AM
IPACA9
Senior User
Been awhile since I've installed a Bronze but if I remember it is the same harnesses. You will have to hook up your Green and Blue lock wires, door trigger, and dome light wires. I think that's about it. Hopefully they have just cut these wires short and taped them up into the harness.

Old 12-26-2005, 07:42 AM
dmp437
Elder User
Both Silver and Bronze (as well as the Gold) use the same PC-32 module base with the same wiring harnesses. The differences between the systems is the DNA module and which wires get hooked up. You'll need the Silver DNA Assembly, part number 2W7J-19G367-DA, plus a pair of four button transmitters. Additional wires used over the Bronze system will be the blue wire (Door Lock), green (Door Unlock), Lt Green (Unlock Switch Sense Input), White/Blue (Arm input), brown (Disarm input), and the green/violet and black/white wires get tied to the dome light circuit. The "Arm/Disarm" does not refer to an alarm system but rather that the vehicle had a factory installed keyless system to begin with.

Old 12-26-2005, 09:10 AM
valvestud
Senior User
Will all of these systems work on my 2001 Excursion?

Thanks,

Joe

Old 12-26-2005, 04:27 PM
dmp437
Elder User
Are you referring to the Ford Gold, Silver, and Bronze systems? Absolutely. The '99 to '04 Excursions and '99-'04 F250/F350 trucks use the same installation diagrams. Find out everything you want to know at www.gemsen.com/ford

Last edited by dmp437; 12-26-2005 at 04:29 PM.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:09 PM
IPACA9
Senior User
here's a link to the entire 02-06 ford remote starter installation guides. It's in .pdf format

CLICK HERE

Old 12-27-2005, 10:54 AM
Miescha
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
KCautosounds:

Thanks for all the great info.

I do have the Code Alarm CA-670 and love it. Sorry I wasn't clear in my earlier post, I know the features of the CA-670 and how to use them (for the most part - but your instructions help alot).

What I'm really wondering is if any of the systems made specifically for Ford (bronze, silver, or gold) that you mentioned earlier have these options?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Factory Remote Start