Another biodiesel newbe asking stupid questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 03:30 PM
psu927
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another biodiesel newbe asking stupid questions

Ok, I just want to get started making it and have been researching it just a little. (about 10 minutes. lol) I want to start with these stupid questions, biodiesel is made from used veggie oil or am I mistaken? If I used it in my truck for a while, would there be any problem going back to regular? what is WVO? I'll have more but that is a good start.

Old 12-21-2005, 05:06 PM
BiodieselPanther
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile what Biodiesel is

Ok, I just want to get started making it and have been researching it just a little. (about 10 minutes. lol) I want to start with these stupid questions, biodiesel is made from used veggie oil or am I mistaken? If I used it in my truck for a while, would there be any problem going back to regular? what is WVO? I'll have more but that is a good start.

Yes, Biodiesel is made from either new veggie or used veggie oil. I used it in my Jetta for 3 weeks before I ended up in a place where I could get only Petro Diesel and there was nothing that I did between the two. As a matter of fact you can mix Biodiesel with "Dino" Diesel at any percentage, if you ever seen anything with a B in front of it (like B5) that means that the number next to the B is the percentage of Biodiesel in the mixture (B5 is 5% biodiesel 95% dino diesel) WVO is Waste Veggie Oil, and is used straight into the tank, but at that point you have to strain the veggie oil (to remove the bad particulates) and use biodiesel or dino diesel only to start, then you flip a sdwitch and run the WVO out of another tank, but you have to go back the biodiesel/dino diesel before you quit your journey or you'll clog the injectors.

I have a few bookmarks (on Biodiesel) if you want them.

Biodiesel Panther

Old 12-21-2005, 05:35 PM
psu927
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dino dsl i'm guessing is just regular diesel? How much would I have to invest in parts to make enough to make 20-30 gal. a week? Would 30 gal. of veggie oil turn out to be 30 gal of usable fuel? And I can use oil from restaurants, correct?

Old 12-21-2005, 05:56 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by psu927
dino dsl i'm guessing is just regular diesel? How much would I have to invest in parts to make enough to make 20-30 gal. a week? Would 30 gal. of veggie oil turn out to be 30 gal of usable fuel? And I can use oil from restaurants, correct?

Go here first;
http://www.biodieselcommunity.org
Then come back and ask away! There's lot's of help here. Welcome to the wonderful world of Biodiesel! FABMANDELUX.

Old 12-21-2005, 07:11 PM
BiodieselPanther
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks

Thanks FABMANDELUX, I had forgotten about that website and had lost it in a computer crash :P

I originally started there myself psu927, and yes dino diesel is regular diesel.

Biodiesel Panther