Illinois Chapter Join Chapter Leader: wpnaes

Calling all Rangers, Calling all Rangers!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 08:03 PM
JohnT
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking Calling all Rangers, Calling all Rangers!

Who's got a Ranger? I do..............It's a 2000 plain Jane, 4-banger.
Gotsta get to work somehow. Oh I owe. I owe. So its off to work I go.........
yyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Not to worry. I still have my '92 Flareside....She gets to sit in the Garage until spring. No snow and SALT for her this year. Oh. The flareside came through her first winter without rusting out the underside. So, it still looks like an Arizona truck and I'm going to keep her that way.
No, I'm not John....This is C Mionske/Cook. (Oh, for those who don't know, John POPPED the question and he's trying to talk me into a wedding for next summer. I said yes to John but, I'm not too sure about a summer wedding.) But, between the two of us, the tally is at 7 FORD trucks.
Alright everyone. Everyone ask John about the NEW General Lee and the bling bling.

Old 11-12-2005, 09:26 AM
Fastronald
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wedding

Hey Carol..............summer sounds like it's as good a time as any to my other half and I. We got married in October.............of 1980.
Best of luck to you both!

Fastronald

Old 11-12-2005, 12:50 PM
white '94 longbe
New User
I have a '94 ranger.

Old 12-07-2005, 03:16 AM
frdrngrlvr
Elder User
i got married in august this year. i had a lincoln navigator limo. at least it was a ford product. i wished my ranger's were in the wedding but she said they would be to takky. what did i get myself into? lol!

Old 12-07-2005, 08:13 PM
whowey
Senior User
Originally Posted by frdrngrlvr
i got married in august this year. i had a lincoln navigator limo. at least it was a ford product. i wished my ranger's were in the wedding but she said they would be to takky. what did i get myself into? lol!
I went to not one but, TWO weddings with Camaros in them this year.

Granted, one was two members of a Camaro club. The other, oh my was straight out of a redneck stereotype.

We went to a Jeep wedding last summer. A heck of a lot of fun wedding and wheeling at the same time.

Old 12-07-2005, 11:09 PM
frdrngrlvr
Elder User
Originally Posted by whowey
I went to not one but, TWO weddings with Camaros in them this year.

Granted, one was two members of a Camaro club. The other, oh my was straight out of a redneck stereotype.

We went to a Jeep wedding last summer. A heck of a lot of fun wedding and wheeling at the same time.
where are you from. camaros, dime a dozen. probably why theres a club. lol. i remember taking a break at the reception and taking a walk outside and happened to notice how many pick-up trucks were in the parking lot. i was proud!

Old 12-09-2005, 02:17 PM
JohnT
Posting Guru
Smile

We'll probably use one our Ford pickups in our wedding. Maybe my 73 F100 longbed or her 92 F150 Flareside. By the way, our Ranger is a white 2000 shortbed regular cab 2wd 4cyl at. It's a nice little truck, but unfortunately it seems to like to go in the ditch when the roads are snowy(twice already).

Old 12-12-2005, 10:54 AM
ChurchTurtle
Elder User
I've got a 1968 F-100 "Ranger".

as for little trucks and ice... I had a Nissan for a few years. Put it in the ditch several times and slid around, hit an embankment and put it on the driver's side once. By the way, that time another motorist helped me roll it over on all four wheels and I drove it on home.

And Mrs. Turtle and I got married in March of 1991. Weather was great for the wedding, but her folks had scheduled a reception for the next weekend. We were off on the honeymoon when an ice storm hit. Her home town (Clifton - south of Kankakee) was without power for the better part of the week. So a summer wedding should at least be free from that threat.

oh, and congrats.

Old 12-12-2005, 07:59 PM
frdrngrlvr
Elder User
we had a good amount of snow on the south-side this last week and i had no trouble. i was doing about 50 on i294 at around 2 am friday morn. and passing everone in sight. the 4wd was on the whole time though.

Old 12-12-2005, 08:08 PM
whowey
Senior User
Originally Posted by frdrngrlvr
where are you from. camaros, dime a dozen. probably why theres a club. lol. i remember taking a break at the reception and taking a walk outside and happened to notice how many pick-up trucks were in the parking lot. i was proud!
They are members of the Camaro Club of Chicago, or Greater Chicago, something like that.
To be serious, there are 3 Camaro clubs and a Firebird T/A club listed in Chicago or the burbs and none listed for my part of the state. Chevy pickups by far out number Camaros here. Most people here know me as the 'crazy Jeep guy'.

Old 12-16-2005, 02:55 PM
JohnT
Posting Guru
Smile

Originally Posted by ChurchTurtle
I've got a 1968 F-100 "Ranger".

as for little trucks and ice... I had a Nissan for a few years. Put it in the ditch several times and slid around, hit an embankment and put it on the driver's side once. By the way, that time another motorist helped me roll it over on all four wheels and I drove it on home.

And Mrs. Turtle and I got married in March of 1991. Weather was great for the wedding, but her folks had scheduled a reception for the next weekend. We were off on the honeymoon when an ice storm hit. Her home town (Clifton - south of Kankakee) was without power for the better part of the week. So a summer wedding should at least be free from that threat.

oh, and congrats.
68 F100 Ranger- cool!! I have a 68 F250 that I'm using as my daily driver during the winter months. It runs good, but the body's pretty rough.