Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-17-2005, 07:55 AM
New User

mauldus is starting off with a positive reputation.
1959 Crew Cab?

Hey guys! Been scouring this board for a week now and am so glad I found this community.

Click the image to open in full size.
http://www.autoworldmt.com/Page_9.html

I wanted your expertise on this. I saw this truck on the autoworld website. It's a 1959 "Crew Cab" that someone had them put a cummins 12v and an NV4500 in. Exactly what I'm looking to do to an older ford for a future daily driver. I'm liking the utility of crew/super cabs but I can't figure out how they did it. I'm guessing he mated two cabs together since Ford didn't offer a crew till 1969. What do yall think?

Good to be here.
- Cole

Last edited by mauldus; 12-17-2005 at 07:59 AM.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:05 AM
Post Fiend

4tl8ford is a name known to all4tl8ford is a name known to all4tl8ford is a name known to all4tl8ford is a name known to all4tl8ford is a name known to all4tl8ford is a name known to all
Welcome to the Best Darn Ford Tuck Site in the World.

Ford did make "Crew Cab's" during this era, they were Fleet Order, for the Military, Railroads, Lumber Industry, and others.

Hang around, Others will have more information.
1952 Ford F2x2 (Non-Stock Flat 6)
1997 Ford Explorer
Every Thing I've Ever Said Is A Lie
Old 12-17-2005, 09:53 AM
Post Fiend

WillyB has a great reputation on FTE.WillyB has a great reputation on FTE.WillyB has a great reputation on FTE.WillyB has a great reputation on FTE.
That should be quite the rig - what sort of steering does it have? Anyway, there are several crew cabs on this board. They were built by a speciality company - you should be able to find a nameplate with a serial number on it. They were sold through ford dealerships. I think someone said there were more than 6,000 of that bodystyle made.
Old 12-17-2005, 10:02 AM
New User

mauldus is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ahh, special order fleet trucks. A much harder find I'm sure. Gotta keep my eye out. I'd love to see more pics of the crews. I searched the gallery and didn't see any though.

That truck is someone's that was posted on autoworld's site. I just linked the image from there.

Cheers
- Cole
Old 12-17-2005, 10:14 AM
Post Fiend

GreatNorthWoods has a very good reputation on FTE.GreatNorthWoods has a very good reputation on FTE.GreatNorthWoods has a very good reputation on FTE.GreatNorthWoods has a very good reputation on FTE.
I remember seeing some of those used on the railroad...

Vern

1949 F-1
Old 12-17-2005, 10:51 AM
Postmaster

Randy Jack has a good reputation on FTE.Randy Jack has a good reputation on FTE.
mauldus -

You will see some factory-built crew cabs on this forum, but others have made their own. Keiths56_Cruz_Cab is an excellent example. Keith took two 56 cabs and massaged them into a beautiful 4-door crew cab with rear suicide doors. He also chopped the cab 3 1/2 inches in the process. I've seen this truck up close and it's a winner! Check out his gallery (below) for ideas.

BTW, Kieth is considered an ultimate "darksider", since this truck will never be mistaken for something that was stock.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gall...?userid=193842

Growing OLD is mandatory. Growing UP is optional.
Inside every old guy is a younger guy wondering what the heck happened.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:32 PM
Senior User

racoonbandit is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thumbs up

Thats is a very cool looking truck!!!!!
Old 12-18-2005, 12:19 AM
Postmaster

Col Flashman has a good reputation on FTE.Col Flashman has a good reputation on FTE.Col Flashman has a good reputation on FTE.
My "Blue Book of Special Order Options" lists several Companies that Specialized in "Crew & Sleeper Cab Models" for F-100's & up.
They Stretched the Cab Using Ford Factory Doors w/ a little judisious trimming here & there to fit along w/ a 6' Bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauldus
Hey guys! Been scouring this board for a week now and am so glad I found this community.

http://www.autoworldmt.com/Page_9.html

I wanted your expertise on this. I saw this truck on the autoworld website. It's a 1959 "Crew Cab" that someone had them put a cummins 12v and an NV4500 in. Exactly what I'm looking to do to an older ford for a future daily driver. I'm liking the utility of crew/super cabs but I can't figure out how they did it. I'm guessing he mated two cabs together since Ford didn't offer a crew till 1969. What do yall think?

Good to be here.
- Cole
Blue '58 Mercury M-100 Panel 223 I-6 w/ M-O-M
Black 1893 Henry Ford Quadra-Cycle (replica)
My Replies Are Not Meant In An Offensive Way.... Ever, They Are Merely.... Straight Answers or Comments
Old 12-19-2005, 10:18 AM
Roast em' if you got 'em

bobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to behold
Cole,
Welcome to the board!! Goodluck in finding one of those beasts. they sure make for a mean looking ride.

Glad to have you,
Bobby
1967 Jeepster Commando
1994 Harley Road King
Old 12-19-2005, 11:54 PM
Post Fiend

sierraben has a spectacular reputation.sierraben has a spectacular reputation.sierraben has a spectacular reputation.sierraben has a spectacular reputation.sierraben has a spectacular reputation.sierraben has a spectacular reputation.sierraben has a spectacular reputation.sierraben has a spectacular reputation.sierraben has a spectacular reputation.sierraben has a spectacular reputation.sierraben has a spectacular reputation.
I remember seeing a pic on the internet of a 53-56 3 door crew cab for the railroad.

Lost the link and pic when my computer crashed.

I'll see if I can locate it and post the link.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:12 AM
Roast em' if you got 'em

bobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to behold
Another tough truck

I saw this one sitting behind a body shop down in the "oil patch" in SE New Mexico. Its an old roustabout truck and a bit newer for this particular forum, but interesting none the less

Bobby
1967 Jeepster Commando
1994 Harley Road King
Old 12-20-2005, 12:34 AM
Postmaster

Brian_B is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Was the 56 3-door railroad truck a light blue color? I saw one in a magazine a few years ago.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:39 AM
Post Fiend

sierraben has a spectacular reputation.sierraben has a spectacular reputation.sierraben has a spectacular reputation.sierraben has a spectacular reputation.sierraben has a spectacular reputation.sierraben has a spectacular reputation.sierraben has a spectacular reputation.sierraben has a spectacular reputation.sierraben has a spectacular reputation.sierraben has a spectacular reputation.sierraben has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_B
Was the 56 3-door railroad truck a light blue color? I saw one in a magazine a few years ago.
For some reason, I think it was a light blue, but I'm not positive.

And it was a few years ago that I saved the link/pic, but lost it.

It may have been from an issue of "Classic Trucks" magazine.

Hmmm! I must do some more searching.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:45 AM
Postmaster

Brian_B is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The old Truckin or classic trucks. I will dig when I go home tomorrow and see if I can find it. I am pretty sure I had it at one time.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:00 AM
Post Fiend

It could have been in Truckin.

Hmmm! I know it was during the time I got my first computer, which was sept. 2001.

So it could have been 2002 or 2003.

I should have saved the address on good old paper.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:00 AM