General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Getting upset at an acquaintence

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 01:21 AM
Dariand1
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting upset at an acquaintence

Anyways the other day at Hastings Book and Entertainment I saw somebody who I knew from high school, she doesn't seem to be very happy with me right now and I'm not sure what I did to make her feel this way, she did know that I held a grudge against one of her former friends and that I was willing to be friends with the bad types of people and help them out just to gain the respect from my old friends from high school and today I was being casual and I wanted to tell her about how much I've learned from the turmoils I was going through and she didn't seem to be very interested in hearing it, plus she wouldn't let me hang out with her while she was shopping and she was being totally rude about it, she's not the girl who I knew back in our younger years and she doesn't seem like she wants to be my friend anymore, what can I do to prevent her from holding a grudge against me and for her to gain respect for me cause our high school reunion is a few years away, I am a real forgiving person and I truly believe that everybody deserves to have alot of friends and while it was a painful experience for me but it does help me appreciate my true friends, right now I'm just gonna give the girl some time alone and I'm gonna let her come to me rather than me come to her and if she wants an apology, I'll give it to her.

Old 12-16-2005, 01:23 AM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
As much as I hate to say it, I don't think that there is much you can do. I would just let it go and not worry about it.

Old 12-16-2005, 01:26 AM
ford390gashog
Fleet Owner

Received 519 Likes on 398 Posts
well i would not worry at all about it. she really does not like you and has a grudge. so i would leave it at that and if you see her at the reunion say hi and leave it at that. no need to go out of your way. time to move on i think she has.

Old 12-16-2005, 01:28 AM
Dariand1
Elder User
I guess that you're right, sometimes when I feel that I don't have alot of friends like some people I know I tend to take it the wrong way cause I feel that I'm a really good guy and there are some people who think well of me, I always felt that I deserve to have a ton of friends but at the same time I do hear that it's better to have a few close friends you can rely on cause they're the ones who needs you.

Old 12-16-2005, 01:32 AM
Dariand1
Elder User
Plus there was one time when I asked her for her number and she kind of copped an attitude at me and I think that this is where she starting changing, I only asked her for her number so I can keep in touch with her, do you feel bad for people who work really hard to have alot of friends who don't succeed very well? I do cause they're the nicest people you could ever meet and I've seen people who don't work that hard to get the friends they want.

Old 12-16-2005, 01:33 AM
ford390gashog
Fleet Owner

remember quality is better than quantity. i would rather have a few really good friends than a bunch of not so good friends

Old 12-16-2005, 01:35 AM
Dariand1
Elder User
I do agree with you that there is a difference between quantity and quality, unlike most people I have a learning dissability and I was put in the special education classes when I was in school, my best friend was also in special education and we've gone through situations that were pretty similar and although my best friend graduated from high school 4 years before I did we can easily relate to each other pretty well.

Old 12-16-2005, 01:38 AM
ford390gashog
Fleet Owner

i find making friends is easy when you have something in common. look around here on FTE we all share a common interest and i consider most of the people here friends including yourself.

Old 12-16-2005, 01:40 AM
Dariand1
Elder User
I'm a big fan of cars and I do enjoy chatting with people who have a strong knowledge of cars, people have told me that I would make a good car salesman but the problem is that I don't like to lie to people or sell them a lemon cause I'm an honest person, I do agree with you that it's a great place to talk about cars.

Old 12-16-2005, 11:49 AM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
I would wait and let her get over it, you know how some women can be!

Old 12-16-2005, 01:08 PM
Violjohn78
Senior User
Definately let it go, there is nothing that you can do to really change how she feels. It's all within her. And any attempt you change that, will just give her more reasons to be mad.

Old 12-16-2005, 01:15 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
It's a proven fact that if by the time you hit 30 and you still have one friend that you have known since high school, you are doing okay.

It's called: "Evolving.... in Life"

Don't worry about it, find more friends

Old 12-16-2005, 01:34 PM
ddrumman2004
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Like it has been said in the above posts.....just go on with your life. Sounds like you tried to make an effort to work out things but she didn't want too. To me, it seems she needs to mature a little more.
Go to the reunion in a few years and say hello like gashog said. If she speaks, fine. If not....you don't need her friendship.

Old 12-16-2005, 02:04 PM
ag-ford-4x4
Fleet Mechanic
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is she hot?

sorry....couldnt resist. Just trying to lighten it up.

Old 12-16-2005, 02:30 PM
polarbear
Post Fiend
Dariand1 I'm a big fan of cars and I do enjoy chatting with people who have a strong knowledge of cars, people have told me that I would make a good car salesman but the problem is that I don't like to lie to people or sell them a lemon cause I'm an honest person, I do agree with you that it's a great place to talk about cars.

You might make a great car-salesman- lying and selling lemons isn't part of the job description, it just happens a lot if you work for the wrong dealer.

Quick Reply: Getting upset at an acquaintence