Iowa Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Thinking about selling my 69

Old 12-13-2005, 12:03 PM
michaelbrainardatwor
More Turbo
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thinking about selling my 69

........and am curious what you guys think it may be worth as it sits.

1969 f100 regular cab long bed Explorer package. 390/c6 3.50 9" - originally Calypso Coral in color ( I call it orange )....factory air, PS PB. I got her in AZ two years ago as a project. Drove it home and ran it 1 year towing my boat. It is currently in my garage...front clip off, stripped, primed as are the doors and tailgate. Radiatior support and inner fenders are stripped, POR 15, primed and painted gloss black...I just don't have the time to finish it. I hate the thought of parting it out...it is just too good of a package to tear it apart. It needs to stay together and be finished. There is no rust on this old girl...solid as a rock. Cab is as perfect as an original 69 could be. I no longer have the original 69 grill ( bummer! ) ...I have a nice straight grill off of a 67 ( which I personally like better ) and most of the aluminum trim was toast when I got the truck so it is basically worthless. All of the AC components are there and the pump turns but the threads on the condensor are bad. Sheetmetal is all there...the under bed tool box is intact and solid...dings in the box and fenders but definately useable with a little care. The cab doors are excellent. The original paint is still on most of the frame as well as the orange paint under the box. Amazing how they are preserved down south.

If I put the doors and front clip on this truck today I woudn't be afraid to drive it anywhere tomorrow...

What do you suppose I could get out of it?

Old 12-13-2005, 01:31 PM
69 and 85
Elder User
Sounds like a nice little project. It would be a shame to separate it, but you probably would get more for the parts than the whole truck. I had a nice 67 Ranger (?) sitting at my place (not my truck). The owner got it off another truck board for either $100 or $200. He sold each door for 100 and the engine for 200 and it wasn't running - just pulled from the truck. The cab did need some work tho so I would say it was a nice one "for Iowa". Then he tore off all the chrome and the tranny and rearend, the emblems and any other fancy trinkets -anything he could fit in his crammed storage building.

A few months later he put another truck on ebay - it was in good shape, with a toolbox and his whole load of trinkets from his shed for 1000 or 1100. (There was a thread here in the Iowa chapter). I don't remember if it sold or not.

I think FordloverF250 sold a pretty sweet truck for somewhere in that price range too.

I think it's worth more, but would probably sell in the 1000 range. Partswise and with time... more. Hope I didn't offend and I'm no expert - just telling what I've seen. Maybe yours is much nicer or I think Explorer Package would be a factor as well.

Old 12-13-2005, 09:32 PM
michaelbrainardatwor
More Turbo
That is what I thought...I can't let it go for that amount but it is understandable. I paid quite a bit more for it than that simply because you can't find one in that conditiona around here. Heck, a typical POS rustbucket that runs sells for $1500. Talked to the wife and she is dead set agains me selling it. But I want to see her A$$ out there sanding

Old 12-13-2005, 09:34 PM
michaelbrainardatwor
More Turbo
BTW, that rear end in the 77 is holding up nicely! Since I got the Holley 750 tuned right and replaced the crapped out rear end she hasn't missed a beat...other than the occasional fuel starvation that I can't quite figure out.... Heck, it even started at 10 below....I was suprised

Old 12-14-2005, 07:33 AM
69 and 85
Elder User
Good to hear the 77 is doing well. That's a really nice truck you have!

You know... I haven't even seen your other truck, and it all depends on the buyer. I'm sure your project is worth more, it's just hard to find the right buyer sometimes. One thing for sure, you'd have a tough time finding another around here if you wanted one.

Old 12-14-2005, 08:51 AM
michaelbrainardatwor
More Turbo
Old 12-14-2005, 11:03 AM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome truck you got there. I still regret selling my 70 highboy that I brought with me from Montana. I was just down in AZ visiting my sister, and there are quite a few of those old Fords around... Every time I'd see one and start drooling, the wife would say "don't even think about it"...

Old 12-14-2005, 11:08 AM
michaelbrainardatwor
More Turbo
Tell you what Cowboy...if you find one worth buying and driving home, let me know. There is good $$ to be made selling parts on Ebay. You know what a grill goes for...and the trim....big $$. I gutted a 67 last year that was in a junk yard...they were just getting ready to crush it . I begged them to let me go through it...$100 and I could have anything I wanted....the dash cover was like brand new! Sold it for $80 - the originaly am radio $60 - just to name a couple items. I still have the steering column and the aluminum grill for my 69. I snagged a bunch of stuff that day. The body was junk or I would have had the doors and tailgate....I shoudl have gotten the window regulators and such but just didnt have enough time.

I get a kick out of doing that...and the traveling is fun too.

I am an ebay junkie...lets get some parts together and start selling. I'll sell your stuff, handle all of the packaging and shipping....I get 30%

Old 12-14-2005, 04:12 PM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My problem is I hate to see a nice truck parted out... If I didn't live in the city, I'd probably have a barn full of old Fords. I've done quite a bit on ebay, but haven't sold any old truck parts. Used to buy all kinds of stuff from eBay for the various trucks I've owned... I know what you mean about what parts sell for. Most of the extra parts I had, went with the truck when I sold it.

Saw an ad today in my company newsletter for a 72 4x4 down in Kansas City... waiting for the guy to send me the pictures to see if it's worth going to look at.

Old 12-15-2005, 11:26 AM
69 and 85
Elder User
Keep an eye on this ebay listing... might be fairly comperable 4597754153 Or maybe you want another one!

Old 12-20-2005, 02:40 PM
69 and 85
Elder User
Don't know if anyone looked at this listing.... supposed to be a Texas truck that is for sale in Alden, IA. At $755 - reserve not met.

Last edited by 69 and 85; 12-20-2005 at 02:42 PM.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:43 PM
michaelbrainardatwor
More Turbo
Ive been watching...AND BIDDING!

Old 12-21-2005, 08:18 AM
69 and 85
Elder User
LOL... are you really bidding? These trucks are a real sickness - in a good way!

Old 12-21-2005, 09:04 AM
69 and 85
Elder User
Hey... I looked at that llisting and the bids. I see you have been bidding. BTW there is a bidder there with almost the same e-bay ID as my wife's! Just so you know... I am not and will not be bidding against you. You've seen my old trucks - this one is too nice for me. LOL. Besides I am done with trucks that don't have shoulder belts (turning into an old fart fast!!).

Good luck if you decide to keep bidding!

Old 12-28-2005, 01:52 PM
69 and 85
Elder User
I thought that looked like a pretty nice truck.... bidding ended at $755 with reserve not met.

I find it kind of odd that ppl can spend 40K on a new truck and then to see this. I know it's a different market, but I would love to have a couple of sweet old rides modified to my liking for saftey and convienence and put about 30K IN THE BANK!

Search this Thread