2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

keyless entry module?

Old 12-10-2005, 10:54 PM
cool guy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
keyless entry module?

do you guys know where to find the keyless entry module in 2005 screw lariat?

Old 12-12-2005, 09:26 PM
xtrm1stang
Senior User
behind rear seat back! good luck getting it off

Old 12-13-2005, 01:23 AM
IPACA9
Senior User
is there a reason you are needing to find it? Installing something? If it's an alarm or remote starter I can give you some tips on it.

If you need to remove the back seat there is a trick that I found. I install for the Ford Accessory Division and I put the power slider windows in all the time. I actually show the mechanics and the dealers how to take the seats out sometimes. First remove the plastic cover on the top of the middle seat belt part on top of the seat. Then remove the two 10mm bolts. Then use a T50 torx ratchet and remove the seat belt guide. If you wedge your hand to the side of the seat and reach back behind it you will feel a plastic piece that wraps over the hook that holds the seat down. You grab that plastic piece and pull it towards the back wall of the truck while taking your other hand and smacking the top of the seat hard to push it down a bit. Have it time it just right and the seat will unclamp. Then go to the other side and do the same thing. Sometimes the damn thing will reclamp on the other side after you pop the other. Just gotta go back to that side and do it again. Be carefull pulling the seat out to be sure that you don't rip it across your seat. I do these about every other week.

Old 12-13-2005, 10:00 PM
cool guy
Senior User
thank you kcauto, that helps a lot..... i'll keep in touch.. to let you know

Old 12-14-2005, 02:03 AM
cool guy
Senior User
ok... can you tell me the color code for this coz i'm trying to hook up a keyless entry upgrade..... or better yet is there any available t harness that you know to make the installtion a lot easier?... if there is can you tell me the part number too... thank you

Old 12-14-2005, 07:15 AM
IPACA9
Senior User
The F150 is soooo easy. I have remote starters down to about 30 minutes now on the new F150s.

Remove the two 7mm bolts on the panel on your lower dash. Then remove the four 8mm bolts holding the large metal knee breaker so you can access your wiring. Remove the kick panel plastic and the rocker panel plastic. In the harness that runs down your kick and to the rear you will have to split the tape and pull that out of the track. You will see a nice ground that is bolted to the kick. Hook your ground there. You will need the pink with yellow stripe for lock and the pink with green stripe for unlock. They are negative you should be able to hook directly to them if you outputs are negative. Your dome light is black with a blue stripe. There are four of these wires so to test just latch your door with a screwdriver and use the dome light manual switch next to your headlight switch and turn the dome light on and off. You need the wire that goes to 12 volts positive when the light is on. Your brown parking light wire is there too. There are two browns as well. You want the one that goes 12 volts when the lights are on. If doing a remote starter you will find the light green wire for your brake there as well. It's a really soft wire.

Your igition wires are in a loom that runs down your column. Just split the wire and you will find your Green with Violet stripe wire for 12volts constant. Your Blue with Green stripe is your Ignition, Black with Light Green stripe is your Heater wire, and Red with Blue stripe is your Starter Wire. If you are hooking the factory horn up you will see in the other harness next to the one you are hooking your ignition wiring to is a blue wire. This wire will sit at 12 volts and will ground when you honk the horn.

I believe that is pretty much it. Any questions you can call me. Travis 816-868-2481. I'm out installing on the Ford dealer sites all day.

Old 12-14-2005, 12:50 PM
cool guy
Senior User
i got a slight problem here.. the color code for the alrm is kinda different, i've got white, white/blue, brown, violet, red, red/white, black, black/white, green, blue and for the kill starter there are black, geen and yellow..... do you know these color code by any chance.....thanks

Old 12-14-2005, 05:22 PM
IPACA9
Senior User
what is your system you are trying to install?

Old 12-14-2005, 07:52 PM
cool guy
Senior User
it's a 727t hornet keyless entry upgrade, it actually uses the factory keyless entry system, it's an add on type alarm...so that i can still use my keypad to arm and disarm the system

Old 12-14-2005, 10:35 PM
IPACA9
Senior User
Sorry... rarely see people using those. I add them to factory systems on the lots from time to time but still maybe once a month. Here you go

Connect your H2/2 GREEN arm wire to the PINK with BLACK STRIPE door lock motor wire under your driver's side door sill plate. (this wire will test 12 volts when you hit lock on your keyless key fob)

Connect your H2/4 BLUE disarm wire to the RED with ORANGE STRIPE door unlock wire under your drivers side door sill plate. (this wire will show 12 volts when you hit unlock the first time you hit unlock on your keyless key fob)

Connect your H2/3 RED unlock switch sense wire to the PINK with ORANGE STRIPE passenger unlock wire under the rear door sill plate. (this wire will show 12 volts when you hit unlock the second time on your keyless key fob)

Old 12-14-2005, 11:28 PM
cool guy
Senior User
i'll let you know what happen... thanks again kcauto....

Search this Thread