Indiana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:

What about you?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 05:31 PM
Chris_ce
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What about you?

Tell us about yourself. What do you do for a living? Have any hobbies? Care to tell us about your truck?

Old 01-13-2006, 05:36 PM
Chris_ce
Posting Guru
I will start. I have a 96 f150 and a 78 Bronco soon to be mud and trail toy.
I love guns and love to go shooting. I am also in the Monroe county 4x4 club.
http://www.monroecounty4x4club.net/

So if you guys are going to be around Bloomington and want to go shooting or play in the mud give me a yell.

Old 01-18-2006, 04:03 PM
ChurchTurtle
Elder User
Well, I just checked in after being away from the site for a coupla weeks. Seems like everyone's a little slow in responding, so I will, briefly.

Got a '68 F-100 that'll be my daily driver if we can ever get it done.
Take my relationship with Christ very seriously and involved in my local church.
Great family - gotta wife and 2 boys.
Like music - listening and playing.
Was a White SOX fan before the bandwagon got revved up good.
Was born in Huntington, IN. and would like to move back to the Hoosier state.
Dig the Andy Griffth show.
Firmly believe that the Flat-Top is the finest hair style in the modern world.
Broker than Job's goat - but I'm smiling!

Old 02-03-2006, 05:53 PM
Munky
Senior User
About my truck
Year: 2000
Make: Ford
Model: F-150 XL Triton 4.6L V8
Miles: Around 83,700

About me
I'm currently unemployed but out looking daily
I'm single and loving it!
Born in Reno, Nevada and moved to Indianapolis in '97 (Not by choice, though)
Favorite teams: Giants (Baseball), Colts (Football), Pacers (NBA), Nevda Wolf Pack (College)

That's about it. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Old 02-04-2006, 12:38 PM
alhersch
Junior User
Nuthin better than Mud, Trucks, and Guns, well I guess you could add women on there as well or should I say, My woman...

The only Ford I have is my 78 F250 w/460 that I love tinkering with and burnin rubber. I love to play w/ and shoot my guns. I love knives as well. Right now I do construction/remodeling for a living as well as work part-time at Advance Auto. I'm looking for another job too... I've been getting into coyote hunting more the last couple months, but that'll stop as soon as I can go fishin this spring... Fishing........................................... ... This is me waiting for spring.

Alan

Old 02-06-2006, 07:54 PM
cpe41
Senior User
Okay...I''m "game"...
I'm a Service Manager/Technician at a small farm/industrial equipment dealer. Been turnin' wrenches for 'bout 30 years, the last 16 at this store. I prefer the wrenchin' part to the managing part, to put it lightly.

I''m driving a 1990 F150 XLT Lariat that I absolutely have to keep running. Over 150,000 miles it's not in too bad of shape. Rebuilt the AOD a year ago, replaced the rotted radiator support & radiator a few months later. Then replaced the usual rust-outs on the rear wheel arches.

The BIG project currently is a '70 Mach 1 ground-up build, but I hope to do some more metal and body work on the truck this summer. Maybe be able to get new paint on it. If the engine will hold on that long...lol

Old 02-08-2006, 06:48 PM
FTE Herman
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
alhersch - is there anything unique about your truck? Say the tailgate and front bumper?

Old 02-09-2006, 07:42 PM
alhersch
Junior User
Hmmmm..... There is no tailgate, and the front bumper is unique, it's a "U" channel welded together. Kinda this shape \_/ the front pointing down. Makes a heck of a place to stand on when i'm workin on it. Other than that it has a 3" body lift(Don't blame me, I didn't put it on), 4.10 gears and Millitary Hummer tires. Double rollbar, with KC Daylighter "flood" lights on top, two more cheapy "spot" lights on the front bumper. Can't think of anything else right now,

Ohh yeah, the rear springs are gonna get redone this summer I hope, and I am planning on fabbing my own suspension lift sometime soon for about 3-4 more inches of lift.

Alan

Old 02-09-2006, 08:22 PM
FTE Herman
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh well, my 78 ended up with someone living in your area. I had a friend say he saw it up around your parts, I thought it might be you.

If it was you, I was going to tell you about a few extra goodies on it that you didn't know about.