Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator 1991-1994, 1995-2001, 2002-2005, 2006-2010 Ford Explorer

stupid door ajar!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 11:05 PM
frascellavl
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool stupid door ajar!!!!!

I have been reading other post about this problem. The WD-40 isn't working. I don't think can just disable the sensor. Here's the thing... I have a '99 Explorer,with a 5 speed shifting. I had a remote starter put in it last year (since i live in very northren NY). I will "set" the remote by putting it in neutral, applying the e-brake and tapping the brake... when I get and shut the door it automaticaly shuts the ruck off and it's ready to be remote started....NOT happening when that stupid light is on!!!!! "set" the truck, get out, close the door...truck stays running!!!!! This sucks>>>>> I put the remote start in it because it gets -30 degress at FT. Drum and this way I can warm the truck up with out having to de-ice it first. Any ideas what to do???? Stupid light!!!!

Vanessa

Old 12-09-2005, 06:08 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
...Welcome to Ford Truck Enthusiasts!
Stick around someone will be by shortly to answer your question.
We are happy you have chosen the best source for Fords!

Enjoy FTE....and
JOIN CLUB FTE -SUPPORT THE FORUMS!
…..See you on the boards.

Old 12-10-2005, 09:26 AM
vicv
Senior User
Get some electronic parts cleaner like LectraKleen and spray lube. Spray the cleaner into the latch at an upward angle. Soak it really good. If you can remove the door panel you can spray from the inside too. Take a screwdriver and work the latch open and closed several times. Start the truck and work the door latch again. The dome lights will go off if you are cleaning the crap out of the latch. Loosen the screws holding the latch in the door (don't remove them), spary more cleaner, work the latch. When you free it up and the lights work properly spray the lube on the latch real good. I did this on my 97 and haven't had a repeat problem.

Old 12-10-2005, 11:14 AM
mab6680
Junior User
its not hard too change the switch it cost like 8 bucks at the dealer find witch door is the problem take the door panel of follow the wire that goes over by the latch thats the problem unplug it take the screw out replace switch and put screw back in pain in the *** try to work in there but its not hard or if you just unplug the switch the light should go out

Old 12-10-2005, 08:58 PM
texan2004
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's almost always the driver's door. I can't recall anyone ever having the problem wiht any of the other doors but I'm sure it's happened. I "treat the doors" (both of them) everytimg I do an oil change.

Old 12-11-2005, 08:06 PM
frascellavl
New User
Thanks

Thanks for all the help.

Vanessa