1997 - 2003 F150 1997-2003 F150, 1997-1999 F250LD, 7700 & 2004 F150 Heritage

01 SuperCrew Pedal Sticking

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 09:27 PM
fordtruckman07
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01 SuperCrew Pedal Sticking

I just purchased a 2001 Ford SuperCrew with 74600 miles on it. When i was driving it home I realized that when i pushed on the brake the R.P.M guage didn't move at all. Do the supercrews have a Cable or is it all electronic with the Gas Pedal. In the Mornings when i start it you can push the pedal down and it stays down. The only way to get it back out is to pump it a few times. Does anyone know what would be causing this. If so please get back to me. Ryan

Old 12-07-2005, 05:25 AM
fbodyfan
Senior User
Wow. I would definitely stop driving it immediately. Your gas pedal sticks? Yes. Stop driving it. 01's are cable operated. Here's what you do to check where it's sticking. Open up the hood (engine off, mind you), remove 3 bolts on cover of throttle body and remove, loosen band clamp on intake connecting to throttle body and move the intake hose away. Have a friend, kid, wife, whoever, push in the gas while you look. Can you hear it bind? Try moving the throttle blade with your finger. Does it bind there? Basically, find out if its in your throttle body, or somewhere in the cables. If it's in the cables, call a repair shop. Too much of a pain to diagnose and fix than its worth. Happy truckin

Old 12-07-2005, 10:06 AM
jrlowscot
Mountain Pass
Wow I agree with the last post. Check for binding. Fix it immediatly. Find out the problem not just try to make it work because it won't work the one time you need it to probably.

Old 12-07-2005, 03:51 PM
fordtruckman07
New User
Thanks for the reply. It went to the repair shop today so i'm not driving it anymore. It feels like the throttle cabel is screwed up because it doesn't move when its cold but after you pump the pedal with the motor off it seems like it warms it up. But then 20 min. after driving it it seems to freeze up again and the pedal won't move. I'll get back to you when i find out for sure what is wrong. Thanks

Old 12-08-2005, 04:17 AM
fbodyfan
Senior User
Good work fordtruckman. I like to do all maintenance work on my truck myself, but when it comes to safety repairs, like yours, i leave it to the pros and don't take any chances. It sounds like a cable deal, as the throttle body would bind all the time.

Old 12-08-2005, 04:00 PM
fordtruckman07
New User
Thanks. Found out today that when the dealership power washed the engine some water got into the throttle cabel. Then living in nebraska with below 0 temps the water in the cabel would freeze and not let it move. So the mechanic was just going to put on a new cabel. Thanks for the replys

Old 12-09-2005, 08:53 AM
MrBadExample
Freshman User
Originally Posted by fordtruckman07
Thanks. Found out today that when the dealership power washed the engine some water got into the throttle cabel. Then living in nebraska with below 0 temps the water in the cabel would freeze and not let it move. So the mechanic was just going to put on a new cabel. Thanks for the replys
Hopefully at no cost to you? By the way where in NE do you live? I grew up in Lincoln, but now live in Virginia. Nebraska's a great state. I miss it sometimes, not so much in winter though.