Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

how about that snow??

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 07:35 PM
A_G
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its been snowing about 20 mins, its at a inch or more now, pretty goo considering tulsa got less than an inch...

Old 12-07-2005, 08:37 PM
hotrod48
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think you have already got more than I did and it has been snowing for about 7 hours. Oh well, I have been playing in it with my mom's Explorer and my VW bug.

hotrod48

Old 12-07-2005, 08:49 PM
moodybo
Junior User
The 4x4 works! Plenty of torque!

Old 12-07-2005, 10:09 PM
A_G
Posting Guru
it was too dark for me to gout and play

Old 12-07-2005, 10:11 PM
hotrod48
Elder User
Originally Posted by A_G
it was too dark for me to gout and play
I was playing in the dark.

hotrod48

Old 12-07-2005, 10:50 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
I pulled into the school parking lot with just snow flurries coming down. Two hours later I get out of class and find an inch or more of powdery snow all over. I thought I had better test the road conditions by seeing how much effort it would take for my '78 F150 to spin out of control. So I warmed her up and headed towards the empty half of the parking lot. Not even moving 5mph spun the wheel hard right punched the gas and let up. At first I thought it's not too slippery, as the rear end came around. But then it wouldn't stop coming around. Yikes. I saw the curb getting closer and closer as we sled sideways. Then we came to a gentle stop and I unpuckered. Whew. That was enough of a test to tell me I'm not speeding home! I never reached above 40mph up Hwy75 and kept it in 2nd gear on all the side streets. I was surprised to see all these yahoos speedin by in big SUVs, big new trucks, and sporty euro sedans. I didn't see any cars in the ditches tonight. We'll see how many might be in the ditch on the way to work tomorrow.

By the by, that ~310# of extra bed weight might not be enough. That rear end came around way faster than expected in the school parking lot. I need to add more. Be safe Ya'll.

Old 12-07-2005, 10:54 PM
SwOkcOffRoader
Postmaster
oh man, that was so much snow, i dont know what to do....pffft.. ..i heard on the news that Will Rodgers airport reported a .10th of an inch of snow........i seen some "drifts" that almost covered the curb....carl(spankin460) and i took out our rice powered 4x4s to try and find some fun spots, we didnt have much luck....the worst spots were at intersections where there was actually an inch or so of ice....i actually needed 4wheel at a couple of them to get moving...i really hope we see some significant snowfall here in the metro sometime this winter....seems that the years i have a 4x4 on the road i dont see more than 2 inches...ironic huh??

on the other hand, it WAS slick enough out that i wouldnt even try to take my truck out..i got it stuck once pulling out of my driveway when it was icy out...actually had to use the F-250 to pull it back in....as for extra weight, i have filled the back of the truck up with snow before, then when the roads melt, so does the load in the truck....only thing is there has to be enough snow on the ground for it to work.....

Last edited by SwOkcOffRoader; 12-07-2005 at 11:03 PM.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:00 PM
hotrod48
Elder User
Originally Posted by SwOkcOffRoader
i really hope we see some significant snowfall here in the metro sometime this winter....seems that the years i have a 4x4 on the road i dont see more than 2 inches...ironic huh??
I want lots of snow. My 2wd will be ready. I remember back in 2000. I got my 4-wheeler for my birthday with two days out of school for snow. It was the greatest.

hotrod48

Old 12-08-2005, 09:11 AM
okiewelder
Senior User
frozen pipes

I was actually looking forward to playing in the snow with my 4 year old.
Got home from work and the well house had frozen and I spent most of the evening with my heater getting the water a flowing again. Maybe I will be more prepared next time...
Steven

Old 12-08-2005, 09:25 AM
A_G
Posting Guru
lol ok welder

what we do ( i have a well aswell)
first of all our well is in a corner of our shed.
well we insulated it, then we put one or two of those reptile heat lamps in there. Keeps it just warm enough in there.

as for the snow. im out of school, does that tell you something. ill get a pic up in a sec, i was out playing with my dogs this morning, and they tried to roll in it, the hit dirt, and a big o dust cloud came up. tahlequah got snowed on for an hour more than we did. so im sure they have more..

Old 12-08-2005, 10:01 AM
hotrod48
Elder User
Our well made it. We run one of those space heaters (I think). We turned on the heater a few days before the first freeze just to be safe.

A_G, you got out of school? I wish we had that much snow on the ground. I may go do some doughnuts when it warms up a little (Just saw a -8* windchill).

hotrod48

Old 12-08-2005, 12:08 PM
NateDog07
Junior User
Originally Posted by A_G
Yo nathan i knew it was you, about 6 inches around here.
You still ballin??

LOL my dad sent me out at 8PM to load up his truck with some wood.

So i get down there..proceed to spin my tires on a frozen puddle while trying to back up a little hill. Get up there. i let my wolf dog out, he proceeds to sneak up on me SEVERAL times and scare me. I tripe over longs.

I get it loaded up with 5 65+ pound logs. I haft to stop a couple of times because i think i have a flat tire.

IT was COLD.
Nathan. when i turn 16 me and you are going to haft to go to one of these chapter meets.

You ever move to tahlequah??
i always thought your truck was blue.hmmm
Yea man, we need to get together in town sometime. No I haven't moved over there yet, my mom is still debating on a log house or just a regular ol' 2 story. My cousin Willie broke his leg wrestling, so he's out for a while.

My truck is "candy brandy wine" or somethin like that, my Dad and I are still working on it.

and about the paintball - no - SWAT closed down, and I just don't have the time. I'm trying to sell all my gear. (I have an Impulse, )

Old 12-08-2005, 01:46 PM
A_G
Posting Guru
yep i saw about swat closing down.
they couldnt take constructive critizism to benifet them. Memebr the time after they got that new turf, and i told them the should tie down that one bunker, that several people knocked down, and it turned into a 8 page gripe out on how ungratefull i was, i could go look it up if its still there.

Anyways. i could have sworn yours was blue but w/e, your dad still have that thunderbird, and you should get on aim sometime...

Old 12-09-2005, 09:38 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Well, I gotta share this. I pulled into the driveway yesterday and it dips down for about 3 feet at the end running into the street. I still had enough snow on the driveway to goof off. I pulled the truck up but left the rear tires in the dip and stopped moving. I wanted to see if it would get traction through all the snow. So I applied some gas and got the rear tires slipping. After a few seconds they made it through the snow but still no grip. They were spinning in place and by now were warming up nicely. I finally got both wheels to burnout at the same time, while goofing off!!!! heheheheeh. After a few more seconds I pulled her up into the drive way and took a gander throught the sweet smelling cloud of tire smoke, at the marks to verify, yep, both tires layed rubber and were smokin. hehehehehehehe. I've never been able to get both tires to lay rubber. It's always been just one or the other. Too bad I didn't get any pics. I told the wife and she just thought I was a goober so I thought I'd share this with my Ford truck buddies.

Old 12-09-2005, 10:02 AM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Originally Posted by cigarxtc
Well, I gotta share this. I pulled into the driveway yesterday and it dips down for about 3 feet at the end running into the street. I still had enough snow on the driveway to goof off. I pulled the truck up but left the rear tires in the dip and stopped moving. I wanted to see if it would get traction through all the snow. So I applied some gas and got the rear tires slipping. After a few seconds they made it through the snow but still no grip. They were spinning in place and by now were warming up nicely. I finally got both wheels to burnout at the same time, while goofing off!!!! heheheheeh. After a few more seconds I pulled her up into the drive way and took a gander throught the sweet smelling cloud of tire smoke, at the marks to verify, yep, both tires layed rubber and were smokin. hehehehehehehe. I've never been able to get both tires to lay rubber. It's always been just one or the other. Too bad I didn't get any pics. I told the wife and she just thought I was a goober so I thought I'd share this with my Ford truck buddies.
I tried that in Blue---it didn't work. Just died instead.

STan

Quick Reply: how about that snow??