Utah Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Nichalicious

Thanksgiving Plans?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 11:24 AM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanksgiving Plans?

What does everyone plan on doing for their holiday?

The wife and I are 2,000 miles from the relatives and are going back at Christmas, so we are cheating this year. We are going to Cracker Barrel...

If anyone if up for a luncheon on Friday or Saturday, I could handle some BBQ, Iggy's, Hooters, you name it...

Old 11-22-2005, 02:00 PM
goodie350
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just going to the inlaws for thanksgiving this year. For Christmas we're going down to Phoenix.

I got too many projects going on this long weekend that I'll be lucky to just get some lunch squeezed in.

Old 11-22-2005, 02:21 PM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like me. Lowes is going to love me when I stop there on the way home from work tomorrow...

Old 11-22-2005, 06:12 PM
mjwhip2
Elder User
Heading over to my parent for dinner. My brother is coming up from Phoenix (haven't seen him in about 5 years).

We'll see about getting together this weekend. Just like you guys, I have some projects to finish up at home. Almost done with the kids playroom. My wife likes to do paint so imagine this. The ceiling is 2 blues sponged together, kinda looks like the sky. One wall is a relatively dark blue. Another is a bright yellow. Another is bright green. And the 4th is red (lower half is black chalkboard). Almost blinding when you walk in. Laid the flooring out this morning (went with Pergo). Just have to go get the molding, paint it and install. Fill up the room with toys and furniture and it will finally be done.

David, I'll give you a call if I can sneak away for a couple of hours.

Old 11-23-2005, 10:20 AM
goodie350
Senior User
Sounds like the kids could color all they want on the walls and you'd never notice.

My wife wanted to paint this weekend but now she wants to hold off. Now I can get some things done in the garage. Got a car I need to finish putting new manafold gaskets on and my grandpa wants me to fix up a '63 VW bus he's had sitting for 20 years. Got it started and running. Now for the body.

Old 11-29-2005, 09:10 AM
mistakenID
Posting Guru
You guys all sound about the same as me. Wife and I spent the Thanksgiving 4 days off getting the master bedroom back together. Major re-model, removed a wall between the rooms to make a big master bedroom, sanded and finished the old oak floor (house was built in 61) lots of patching and filling, sanding, took 7 1/2 gallons of primer and paint, moved the door down the hallway almost 3 ft and put in a larger door (had to inset the jambs into the wall to fit and shave a bit off 1 side) added some new outlets (wound up fishing almost 100 ft of wire) put power vents in bathrooms and piped the exhaust outside, put up new wood blinds and threw down enough base to get the bed up.

A real marathon, wife took off an extra day to help get it done far enough to get the bed back up. We've been sleeping in the small bedroom where I put the 32 inch tv, kinda like sitting in the front row at the movies in that small room. Still have tile to put on the window sills, finish base and get the outlets in and get bulbs for ceiling fan lights. Looks good but I don't want to do a marathon like that one again. I was starting work around 6 am and quitting between 7-9 and my poor ol worn out body doesn't take that abuse anymore.