Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Aftermarket Products
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-05-2005, 07:50 PM
Senior User

06RANGER is starting off with a positive reputation.
Anyone have a black diamond aluminum toolbox?

Does the paint scratch easily?

Can you recommend a brand/model?
Old 12-05-2005, 09:38 PM
Senior User

TXPSD is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I bought an F250 back in March and got the black diamond tool box at the same time. I bought a Trail Boss low profile single lid and have been happy with it. I scratched the hell out of my truck in the deep woods during deer season but not a single problem, scratch or otherwise with the toolbox. There are a number of good brands out there, a lot of it is just personal preferrence.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:11 PM
Junior User

Birds 05 F-350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
on 1 of the company trucks we have, i put a Weatherguard black chest in the back, looks sharp but yes it will scratch easy, but the aluminum will aslo, just not as noticeable
Old 12-07-2005, 06:39 PM
Elder User

texcan is starting off with a positive reputation.
Got mine at Tractor Supply good price and no scraches yet ( 6yrs old)

http://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gall...id=107909&.jpg
Old 12-31-2005, 08:17 PM
Elder User

mikeyswood is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
After a lot of searching, I highly recommend Dee Zee. They have the best welds and powder coat either black or clear. Right now, mine slides around the bed because I have a hard cover. The Dee Zee, despite the abuse, has been an absolute pleasure. TSC sells Dee Zee.

Mike
Old 01-02-2006, 01:59 PM
Posting Guru

wickymustang is starting off with a positive reputation.
Don't buy a black Delta box, I had the cover scratched up within hours of putting it in, and after washing the truck 2 times the top was almost completely silver (bare). I haven't decided if I am going to try and powdercoat it or just leave it as is or get a different one.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:15 PM
New User

hyvoltg is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have a black weather guard model 127-5.It has a single lid (not gull wing) I have had no problems with it at all .This the best tool box I have ever had on a truck.They are not cheap (you get what you pay for) I think I payed around $500 for it.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:43 PM
Senior User

Bernie Lomax is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickymustang
Don't buy a black Delta box, I had the cover scratched up within hours of putting it in, and after washing the truck 2 times the top was almost completely silver (bare). I haven't decided if I am going to try and powdercoat it or just leave it as is or get a different one.
Anyone else have the same issue? I think you may have just convinced me to get the Weatherguard.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:36 AM
Post Fiend

rebocardo has much to be proud ofrebocardo has much to be proud ofrebocardo has much to be proud ofrebocardo has much to be proud ofrebocardo has much to be proud ofrebocardo has much to be proud ofrebocardo has much to be proud ofrebocardo has much to be proud ofrebocardo has much to be proud of
I have noticed the black ones do scratch easily while working at a car dealer, never bothered to notice brands though.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:47 AM
"Mifflin Clay"

alchymist is a splendid one to beholdalchymist is a splendid one to beholdalchymist is a splendid one to beholdalchymist is a splendid one to beholdalchymist is a splendid one to beholdalchymist is a splendid one to beholdalchymist is a splendid one to behold
Only problem with the black toolbox is inside temp when you park it in the sun. It gets hot in the aluminum one, it gets REALLY HOT in the black one.
'08 F350 Scab SRW V10 w/ 4:10
07 Gulfstream Prarie Schooner
'05 Escape
' Passed the exam today! I am now a licensed instigator!
Old 10-11-2006, 08:25 AM
Elder User

TruckDaddy is starting off with a positive reputation.
I sell toolboxes (not over the internet though, so calm down). Weatherguard and RKI are top notch but expensive. UWS is very good bang for your buck.

Black toolboxes are powdercoated. Powdercoated boxes are going to last about 3 years before the powdercoating may start coming off no matter what the brand.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:52 AM
Elder User

dcf4x4 has a good reputation on FTE.dcf4x4 has a good reputation on FTE.
I've been in the process of finding a good toolbox and finally settled on a great deal on ebay for an aluminum delta single door.

I started out with a TSC special and it was probably the worst waste of cash I have ever spent in my life. You really do get what you pay for. 6 months after I owned it, it started to rust and it leaked from the gull wing doors.

If I had the cash I would go with a DeeZee or weatherguard. I'd stay away from the black ones because those things really do heat up pretty quick, like others have said. I worked for a landscape company and put my lunch in there one day... never again.

2000 F350 Lariat, 4x4, 7.3, Crew, 6 spd, dually
(gauges, BD turbo, hpx , FRx, 6 pos. chip, 6637, turbo back 4", 255/85R16, '05 front end)
1990 F350 XLT, 7.3 IDI, 4x4, veggie kit, 33"s
Old 10-11-2006, 10:52 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Aftermarket Products

Tags
aluminum, black, box, diamond, f250, scratch, temp, tool, toolbox, truck, yool