Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

Rollalong 1979 owner's manual

Old 08-21-2014, 05:53 PM
KraZeDav
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Endeavourniche
I have a 1979 Roll A Long on an E350 chassis.

KrazeDave all you had to do was replace the timing gear set and chain with one for a 429, add some headers and free flowing exhaust, and a mild cam and that 460 would sling a little Jeep around like nothing.
Wow! That is a Nice one. Thank you for posting a picture of it.
The previous owner had already put a RV cam in it. and headers.

I sold mine thought about calling the buyer up and seeing if he wanted to sell it back to me.

It would pull my Jeep Okay, but struggles up a steep grade. Last trip I had, I rubbed a hole in my tranny coolant line. Lost the engine brake ( no tranny fluid ) going down a steep grade. My brakes started to fail. Managed to pull off the road safely. No brake system on the jeep for all that extra weight I was hauling. Brake rotors glowing red hot. That and the 7 mpg just cost me to much to go any where. Lookin' for a cabover to throw on the back of 2006 Ford F250. I would get a off road trailer to tow behind the jeep but the wife wouldn't like that very much.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:39 PM
Endeavourniche
Freshman User
Originally Posted by KraZeDav
Wow! That is a Nice one. Thank you for posting a picture of it.
The previous owner had already put a RV cam in it. and headers.

I sold mine thought about calling the buyer up and seeing if he wanted to sell it back to me.

It would pull my Jeep Okay, but struggles up a steep grade. Last trip I had, I rubbed a hole in my tranny coolant line. Lost the engine brake ( no tranny fluid ) going down a steep grade. My brakes started to fail. Managed to pull off the road safely. No brake system on the jeep for all that extra weight I was hauling. Brake rotors glowing red hot. That and the 7 mpg just cost me to much to go any where. Lookin' for a cabover to throw on the back of 2006 Ford F250. I would get a off road trailer to tow behind the jeep but the wife wouldn't like that very much.

I've managed to get mine to average about 9 mpg. I don't really even worry about mileage to be honest. It is what it is. I just put gas in and go as far as I can. lol. I just went from NW Florida to Oklahoma and around the Ozark mountains then back and I averaged about 9-10 mpg. I had budgeted at 5 mpg so I was extremely happy with that.

Mine was a barn find. It has never been outdoors except when in use in it's entire life. It has 62,000 original miles. When I was in Oklahoma someone asked what I paid for it. When I told them I paid $2300 they said "Are you crazy? Driving a $2300 motorhome this far?" I told them $2300 is just the entrance fee, you didn't ask how much I have in it lol.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:57 PM
Endeavourniche
Freshman User
I also have a good tip. If you do your own repair work on your motorhome and you breakdown on the road and need parts but have no way to go get them, Oreilly's will deliver them to you. They are the only auto parts store in the US that will do it. They don't even charge you for delivery. I've had them bring me parts from 20 miles away. They have saved my *** a few times.

Old 06-23-2015, 01:50 PM
r8er4ever
New User
I know this is a old post, but I am working on a 1980 Ford R-A-L motor home(cut-out) 460ci. Am in a real big need for a picture of the plug on the steering column for the hazard/turn signal switch(the C shaped grey plug). Thanks
The reason I am asking is because I have 5 different wiring diagrams for that plug on that year, and wasn't there when it got disassembled so no clue which is right.

Old 06-23-2015, 05:18 PM
r8er4ever
New User
Don't know if makes difference but the door tag says chassis is 79

Old 06-24-2015, 08:47 AM
bkaul
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
If it's a '79 and if it's the same as an F-100-350, you could check here: 1973-1979 Ford Truck Wiring Diagrams & Schematics - FORDification.net

No idea on an '80... maybe NumberDummy would have something?

Old 04-16-2016, 02:49 PM
TurokDinoHunter
New User
Hi, Endeavourniche!
I just bought my 1976 350 Rollalong and am starting to fix it up, but I have some basic questions about the camper. I can fix the engine, but I could really use some advice on how the camper electrics work(water pumps, swamp cooler, etc.) I have no owners manuals or anything and have been scouring the net for basic info with no luck.
I hope you're still around. Let me know if you can spare a few minutes to get me started.
Thanks in advance,
-DW

Old 05-06-2016, 10:05 PM
bboop123
New User
Donzilla RE: Rollalong original manual

Donzilla;8939925

Did you copy the original owners manual for the roll-a-long?

I would really appreciate a copy. We just bought a 1976 Roll-A-Long and we have EVERYTHING else but a manual on the RV itself!!
I could not find where you posted pictures, etc. I really anticipate your reply.....

Thanks!!!
bboop123

Old 05-06-2016, 10:22 PM
bboop123
New User
FORD 1976-79 OWNERS MANUAL

Hi , I'm ALSO looking for an owner's manual for my MH: Ford 1976, Rollalong. I have heard that all models are the same..

Did you get a copy? I would appreciate copy, also.

Thanks, bboop123

Old 05-06-2016, 10:26 PM
bboop123
New User
RE: Ford roll-a-long owners manual

Donzilla;8939925

Hey, I am IN OREGON !!! HI,... did you get your owners manual copied?I just bought a 1976 and do NOT have a manual for it. Can I please get a copy from you? Really appreciate it..

Thanks, bboop123

Old 10-12-2017, 08:51 PM
77rollalong
New User
77 rollalong

iam currently rebuilding my 77 rollalong, on and e350 frame, for manuals best to look at each appliance of the rv and get a manual off there sites , ie pump , furnace fridge, etc. and compile your own manual, iam currently rewiring the rv , and going through the power system, as well as the master control panel too

Old 10-24-2017, 11:01 PM
77rollalong
New User

yours ias the same layout as my 1977 rollalong, just doing some major repairs on it now, has anyone seen a manual for the monitor panel, Ie the holding tanks, propane, battery monitor, trying to get that part working properly again...

Old 10-25-2018, 09:49 PM
Bazetech
New User
I know it's a very old thread, please bear with me

I just bought a 1973 Roll Along, Roll a Home, 26 footer, and I was hoping to get an owners manual as well. I have the manual for the truck and the Thetford toilet lol, but that is all I have found, I just have a few questions about the operating systems on the house unit, and will probably drive people crazy asking: where does this or that go on the F350 itself. Thanks for any help, I will also offer any knowledge I have or discover about this unique vehicle. We are hoping to restore it to it's former glory.

Old 10-26-2018, 07:39 AM
77rollalong
New User
I have managed to find all the manuals for all the appliances for the rollalong on line so far with a little searching, except for the monitor control panel for the motorhome, the chassis I just have a Haynes manual and bits of other stuff

This is our 1977 rolla-a-long after rebuilding it last winter
when rebuilding I removed the notch in the rear as well as the wrap around front window and rounded it off somewhat

Old 10-26-2018, 07:00 PM
Bazetech
New User
Thanks 77

Thanks 77, I have all the manuals also. I was curious about all the valves all over the rig. It appears to have 3 water tanks. Under the dinette and a small one across from it under the couch. But it seems every propane device has it's own shut off valve. And I have found 3 water valves also. One near the sink, one by the water tank in the rear of the dinette and one on the small tank. Lol Valve city. I have to rebuild the front just under the windows and then the trunk in the very rear, nothing that I haven't done in the past. I don't know why, but for some reason, this RV really struck me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rollalong 1979 owner's manual