Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > North Carolina Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:ncheavymetal

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-04-2005, 06:19 AM
Post Fiend

jowilker is a splendid one to beholdjowilker is a splendid one to beholdjowilker is a splendid one to beholdjowilker is a splendid one to beholdjowilker is a splendid one to beholdjowilker is a splendid one to behold
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn jowilker
A meeting of sorts

The NCFTO guys are having a work day next sat 10 Dec 05 in Durham. We have a member up near Mt. Airy that has lost his job, and has a dead engine in his truck. I have found a donor engine down near the coast from another member that I am going to pickup this week. A member is going to drive from Burlington to pickup the truck in Mt. Airy and haul it to Durham. Guys from across the state (several are/have been readers here) (several from the Charlotte area) are going to drive in and see if we can get this members truck revived and running for him for Christmas.

I invite any of you that would like to be a part of this fellowship workday send me an email through my user profile and include a return address, and I will give you the location just off I-85 where we will be working.

Maybe this will generate some interest in this FTE Chapter.

Art, Are you still interested??

John
Old 12-05-2005, 07:55 PM
Junior User

crashnburn is starting off with a positive reputation.
Now that is what a club is all about! Great gesture by what seems to be a great set of guys. Way to go NCFTO!!
As far as the NC FTE Chapter.....can't we get anything going????
Old 12-06-2005, 06:00 AM
Post Fiend

jowilker is a splendid one to beholdjowilker is a splendid one to beholdjowilker is a splendid one to beholdjowilker is a splendid one to beholdjowilker is a splendid one to beholdjowilker is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashnburn
Now that is what a club is all about! Great gesture by what seems to be a great set of guys. Way to go NCFTO!!
As far as the NC FTE Chapter.....can't we get anything going????
I think we can, but Art and I were the only two at the last meeting. Folks are gonna have to support it for it to happen.

You are welcome to dropin sat. and get a little grease under your nails.

John
Old 12-07-2005, 06:42 AM
Junior User

crashnburn is starting off with a positive reputation.
I would, but that's a long drive from Pomona Calif.! That's why I've been wanting an on line meeting. I know it's been tried, but at least we had more than 2 people show up.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:45 AM
Post Fiend

Looks like about 15 guys have committed to come for the work day. It will be a good day to come out and meet your fellow Tarheel Ford truck owners.

John
Old 12-08-2005, 04:46 AM
Post Fiend

Looks like about 15 guys have committed to come for the work day. It will be a good day to come out and meet your fellow Tarheel Ford truck owners.

Just might be able to Kick start this group.

John
Old 12-09-2005, 04:59 AM
Post Fiend

Got the engine delevered yesterday, the truck was picked up and hauled back to Burlington, should be delivered to Durham this morning.

I got wacked with rising gas prices. I stopped on the way out and got $10.00 at $2.05 because I wanted to get 15 miles further and grab some $1.98, surprize, it was $2.09, another place that a friend told me was $1.98 monday night, was now $2.25. A little further I found another $2.09 so I filled up. When I got to little Washington I saw more $2.05. I loaded and on the way out I filled up again. 112 miles and 8.03 gallons of gas. 13.9 mpg running around 75 mph, 26-2800 rpms. I was big time surprized with that.

John
Old 12-11-2005, 07:07 AM
Post Fiend

Project complete

We had 19 guys show up for the work day, Everything wasn't complete until about 8:00 last night. We ran into several snaffus but all were overcome. There is now one revived Ford truck and a happy owner in the Tarheel state.

I think there are 18 guys that are happy to be a part of giving to a fellow Tarheel too.

John
Old 12-28-2005, 02:32 PM
Senior User

turboale is starting off with a positive reputation.
Now that is awesome!

I can't wait to get back into the truck comunity!! its 28378237830827573828x better than the car community!
PSD, DP-Tuner Chip, 4" TurboBack, Helwig Swaybar, Gauges, Full Synthetic Fluids, Pioneer AVIC-N1, Midland CB, SUV Tent, Custom Rear Box, Custom Light Bar, LightForce 240s, Dual Batts, RAM Laptop Mount, Bilstein HDs and much much more...
Old 12-28-2005, 02:32 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > North Carolina Chapter