Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-03-2005, 09:55 AM
Senior User

70spoiler is starting off with a positive reputation.
veggy oil as heating source

just lost my battle with the town over my out door woodboiler and now i am trying to convert it to run on veggie oil. i want to start making my own bio diesel so i will be killing two bird with one stone. i would like to run veggy oil thru a fuel oil gun and use my wood boiler as a fire box. has anyone tried this. i cant be the first one.jack k
Old 12-03-2005, 05:34 PM
New User

ztartop is starting off with a positive reputation.
Bio-furnace

If you want to make furnace oil from fryer oil there are several vendors on the web that sell the equipment. You can also obtain equipment to burn used engine oil but it requires filtration and a oil heater to reduce the viscosity enough to be injected by the burner. A significant issue with fry oil is temperature-below 45 degrees there is some problem with the stuff gelling so check it out on one the web sites.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:23 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Talking Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70spoiler
just lost my battle with the town over my out door woodboiler and now i am trying to convert it to run on veggie oil. i want to start making my own bio diesel so i will be killing two bird with one stone. i would like to run veggy oil thru a fuel oil gun and use my wood boiler as a fire box. has anyone tried this. i cant be the first one.jack k
Hi jack, Sorry to hear about your loss, I know how it feels. Lost $140,000 in a fight with a local "small town"............. But that was about 6 years ago and life goes on..........anyway. I belong to a forum for just what you need!!

Try this!! http://groups.yahoo.com/group/altfuelfurnace/ Great bunch of guy's and TONS of info from people that have been doing this for years! Myself I use Biodiesel because it cost less money to convert. Good luck! If you have any questions just ask.FABMANDELUX
Old 12-04-2005, 01:07 PM
Senior User

70spoiler is starting off with a positive reputation.
thanks

i will be joining. as soon asmy memebership is aproved
Old 12-04-2005, 01:07 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels