Computer Chips & Tuners  

Tuner Flexability

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 03:45 PM
AirTran
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tuner Flexability

I have read all the pages in this forum and still had a couple questions I could use some help with if anyone would be so kind to reply. Please forgive me if I am a little repetative as I know some of my questions may have been asked before.

I want a tuner that comes with 2 or so tunes in it but i would also be able to add a custsom tune at a later date and be able to have some end user adjustments. Correct me if I'm wrong here,

Superchips- Pretty straight forward, plug and play. Tunes that it come with are it you can not add a custom.

Diablo- Comes with 2 or so tunes. has somes end user adustments, Can have a custom tune added and is able to update via internet/email.

SCT- Depending on model can have several tunes. Tunes are custom (except SF). Tuning options are left up to the individual and the Tune shop that design the tune. possibilities almost endless. (Very custom)

Please give me a little more info if you can or correct anything I may have messed up. I just want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row before I jump in on something that might turn out to be not enough or too much for my needs.

Old 12-06-2005, 12:45 PM
MotorHaven Guy
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't tell you how many tunes a Diablo has, you haven't said what your truck is. The number of tunes depends on that and varies between 1-5 tunes. Depending on the truck you may have a ton of end user adjustments. Best diagnostics of any of the tuners.

Superchips - you can adjust the settings, again, it depends on what the vehicle is.

SCT - XCal2 holds 3 tunes, SF holds the standard performance tunes plus one custom tune. Chip holds 4 tunes plus stock.

If you can list the vehicle you have I'll be happy to supply more information.