1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Need Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 04:04 AM
TexasRoughneck
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need Help!!!

Ok guess its been a week since it started doing this to me, but when my fuel tanks are full the back tank on the guage will show full but when u switch over to the front tank it goes strait to empty but its full as could be. so what is the problem here and how hard is it to fix. got another question when i shimmed the fuel regulator all it did to mine was make it idle rough as could be and on the tach about 400 RPM with it shimmed without it shimmed it idles at 600 RPM so whats the deal with this too. going to do the 10K mod soon and the exhaust brake also, got one other question has anyone ever put 7" stacks on a powerstroke and them be the bull hauler kind too or not just curious thats the size and style im thinking about putting on mine plus with all my lights it will stand out and by the way everyone dont try to run over or push a oak tree with a stock bumper on these pickups talk about bending things my bumper brackets are bent toward the drivers side of the pickup about a 45 degree angle plus my tailgate barely hold on now too lol. well thats about it. let me know about these things ok thanks and Red Stroker sounds like me got to replace the throwout bearing and clutch and flywheel shortly but going with the clutch kit from ATS for 1400 dollars though lol other than about a 110hp chip too lol

Old 12-01-2005, 04:37 AM
1997F-350
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TexasRoughneck
Ok guess its been a week since it started doing this to me, but when my fuel tanks are full the back tank on the guage will show full but when u switch over to the front tank it goes strait to empty but its full as could be. so what is the problem here and how hard is it to fix.possible your sending unit float is stuck in the tank. got another question when i shimmed the fuel regulator all it did to mine was make it idle rough as could be and on the tach about 400 RPM with it shimmed without it shimmed it idles at 600 RPM so whats the deal with this too.whats your pressure before and after at the schrader vavle? 65-75 is ideal. going to do the 10K mod soon and the exhaust brake also, got one other question has anyone ever put 7" stacks on a powerstroke and them be the bull hauler kind too or not just curious thats the size and style im thinking about putting on minedo it man. it will look sweet. most run 5" but be different. plus with all my lights it will stand out and by the way everyone dont try to run over or push a oak tree with a stock bumper on these pickups talk about bending things my bumper brackets are bent toward the drivers side of the pickup about a 45 degree angle plus my tailgate barely hold on now too lol. well thats about it. let me know about these things ok thanks and Red Stroker sounds like me got to replace the throwout bearing and clutch and flywheel shortly but going with the clutch kit from ATS for 1400 dollars get a south bend con ofe clutch. the toughest on the market. $1000.00though lol other than about a 110hp chip too lol
hope this helps!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-07-2005, 05:41 AM
RubberDuck
Logistics Pro

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
TRN, I want you to get 7" bull haulers so bad, I can't stand it. I think Redstroker6 and I would have to get together and take a road trip just to go and see them. But you better be ready for lots of "Oh that's too much man!!" But I bet you would be the only one with them and that's what makes it cool. Don't even give it a second thought, you absolutly must get them. And I'm not putting you on. I want to see them.

RubberDuck