Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Gary Lewis

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-30-2005, 08:14 PM
New User

JimBobWay is starting off with a positive reputation.
DO NOT BUY from The Wheel Connection

Hi all Ė this may be a long post.
I ordered a wheel for my daughter from a company called The Wheel Connection. It is located in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[img] /><st1:City w:st=[/img]Tulsa</st1:City> <st1:State w:st=" /><st1:City w:st="on">Tulsa</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">Oklahoma</st1:State>. This company has inferior service! It charged me (swiped my Visa) November 7<SUP>th</SUP> and did not ship the wheel. Maybe you accounting people know the GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) better than me but from what I know, you cannot charge a customer for an item before it ships. Well, The Wheel Connection charged me on the 7<SUP>th</SUP> and as of today (30<SUP>th</SUP>) it has not shipped. Well, the manager tells me it shipped this morning but canít get the Air Way Bill number until 3 PM today. He said heíll email me the AWB number then. I said I wanted a refund because it hasnít shipped but he tells me there will be a 25% re-stocking fee ($50). What a load! He never once said to me that I would have to return that item (because it shipped). So now I wonder why Iíd have to pay a restocking fee if it hasnít shipped.
Update at 7 PM in <st1:City w:st="on">Phoenix</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">AZ.</st1:State> I gave the manager ample time past the 3 PM promise-time that he would send me an email with the AWB number. But guess what? No AWB number! There is no way this rim has shipped today!
What gets me is that they listed a rim on its website as in stock that I wanted. So I placed an order on line. The Wheel Connection charged my visa and it didnít show up. So I called, they told me they donít have the one I wanted but have one thatís silver and that I could get it painted (white). So, OK, I agree and the guy told me heíd get it out that day; that was the 18<SUP>th</SUP>. Remember, these items show up as in stock at their location. So today I call, about 7 times with the last time being the manager and he tells me the above line of BS.
So anyways, I guess Iíll file a dispute with the credit card company to see if they can recover the money. I will file a complaint with the BBB in <st1:State w:st="on"><ST1Oklahoma</st1:State>. I will also post this on as many forums I can.

Moral of the story Ė

DONíT BUY FROM THE TIRE CONNECTION

Old 11-30-2005, 08:24 PM
Postmaster

Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.
Was it "The Wheel Connection" or "The Tire Connection"? Either way, I've not heard of either one here in Tulsa. Are they an online-only company?

Old 12-01-2005, 08:09 AM
Postmaster

cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.
Thumbs down

Sorry to hear about that. That just ain't right. I can only hope it won't sour you away from other Tulsa or Oklahoma businesses.

There is some bad news. That company has an Unsatisfactory BBB Rating:

http://www.tulsa.bbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=29001030

You can add to it, but it doesn't look like it could get much worse. They only show 4 employees, so I would wager it is a small family owned business that gets their wheels from other distributors/suppliers in the area. I would highly doubt they have all those items on their website instock in a warehouse they own.

So it looks like your advice is probably good advice. Thanks!

Daily Driver 1978 F150
Old 12-01-2005, 08:09 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter

Tags
connection, tulsa, wheel