Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Okay, Okay---

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 07:40 PM
ranger240
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its' in north blanchard, atleast that's what the MLS paper says, blanchar schools, water, utilities, all that. it's about 4 miles south of 37 off council. and I think I'll call you bobby hahaha!! just messin, ROBERT!!! haha

Old 12-04-2005, 07:56 PM
A_G
Posting Guru
your names robert?!?!?!?!

LoL i just found that out..ive been here awhile to...

Old 12-04-2005, 08:58 PM
hotrod48
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ranger240
its' in north blanchard, atleast that's what the MLS paper says, blanchar schools, water, utilities, all that. it's about 4 miles south of 37 off council. and I think I'll call you bobby hahaha!! just messin, ROBERT!!! haha
The wonderful Blanchard school system. Is it at about SW16th? If so, I have a bad luck at that intersection. Council is also highway 76. So are you getting it or not?

A_G, that would be my name.

hotrod48

Old 12-05-2005, 10:54 AM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Originally Posted by dakota_viking
Hey everybody, been pretty busy with the holiday and trying to round up parts for the old truck. Going to get a new bed for it tomorrow.

Stan, you ask where we have been, how about you? Still getting chewed out by the friend's Mom and Dad?
How's the house coming along?

I'll be around more now that it's getting cold. At least until the wife comes up with another home improvement project for me!

Stay warm everybody!
Well, I was up to this last saturday (don't look if you have a weak stomach):

http://xfe.xanga.com/f1f870f63853018.../m13560181.jpg

I was cutting a Christmas tree down for my disabled Grandfather (I thought it would cheer him up---7 back-to-back strokes have left him somewhat depressed for the last few years. Short story long, my Grandmother distracted me as I was trimming it up, and the saw went right through the limb, and into my hand (luckly it was just a bow saw---brand new though, so it was a sharp son of a gun). It wasn't bleeding, so I went ahead and planted the tree with my one good hand, then went to the phone book to look for an urgent care center---which apparently Salisaw doesn't have (and I wasn't about to pay $400 to go to the ER). So, a little alcahol and super glue, and this is the result:
http://xdc.xanga.com/5a0896634813218.../m13560971.jpg
Anyways, it's doing much better now. Oh, and in case you were wondering---I took the pictures because I didn't think anybody would believe me! Now a bad picture for having a crippled hand!

As for the house---I got my laminate flooring done for the most part. Have three boards I've got to rip still. I am about to start my ceramic---though I don't have a tile saw---anybody have one they can loan me?

I hope to have everybody over in the near future.

I do appologize for my late absence from the boards here---but with school and all---there has just been alot going on. Thankfully, school is over on the 16th, and after alot of house work, and some much-needed work on ol Blue, I hope to maybe host a gtg.

If you guy's want too, we can do one before then, in fact, I would like that. I wanted to get one going last month, but we were unable too. A December gtg would be great though.

Lemme know!

Oooo----lol, and I've got some BIG news to share---but you have to wait until the next gtg!

STan

BTW: Yes, that is ligament you see in that picture. Believe it or not, I took that picture AFTER I pulled the knuckle flap back over (which went practically all the way over to my middle knuckle). Yeah, it was kinda nasty. Lesson learned---no more alcahol on these cuts.

Last edited by Traxxis; 12-05-2005 at 10:56 AM.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:40 AM
ranger240
Elder User
holy crap stan you should have soaked that in peroxide, or iodine. and get some stitches, really, that's gonna give you some problems. I know from experience. I did the same thing when I cut the tip of my finger off, and now I can't feel anything, and it itches like crazy, constantly.

as for the house, I think we have settled on a place in Oak Leaf Meadows. it's about 1/2 mile or so south of the turnpike and 3/4 mile east of 76. we are going to compare this house with 2 other's we really liked, but I think this one gets the cookie!

Old 12-05-2005, 12:08 PM
hotrod48
Elder User
OUCH!!!!!!! That looks like it might hurt a little. Glad you are ok.

Originally Posted by ranger240
as for the house, I think we have settled on a place in Oak Leaf Meadows. it's about 1/2 mile or so south of the turnpike and 3/4 mile east of 76. we are going to compare this house with 2 other's we really liked, but I think this one gets the cookie!
That's a little further than 4 miles. That sounds like it's almost across the road from the Llama farm. I think I know about where that is, few kids I went to school with live right in there (I hope your neighbors with one of them ). Let me know if you get it and need any help.

hotrod48

Old 12-05-2005, 03:58 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Yikes, Stan. Maybe you shouldn't be messin with any sharp tools while you remodel yer house. You should get yer FTE buddies to come over to do that dangerous work for ya. yuk-yuk. Sorry, couldn't resist. That is some nasty stuff. If I were you I would get a medical professional to give it a once over just to make sure nothing got permanently severed. When I shoved some rusty needlenose pliers into my knuckle, between my index and pointer finger, I had to make one trip to the doc to get the wound inspected and cleaned. Then they had me do a follow up a few days later to make sure nothing got missed with the first visit.
Man, at our next GTG we could do like they did on Lethal Weapons and compare scars and scar stories. Got a couple doozies myself.
OH YA, when's the last time you had a tetonis shot? I know you said the saw was new, but you never know.

Last edited by cigarxtc; 12-05-2005 at 04:01 PM.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:35 PM
A_G
Posting Guru
Stan that looks like it hurt.. I did that on top of my hand when i was 8-9 first day of 2nd grade. I jumped out of the Ole' fashion swing and it came back and filed part of the top of my hand
Remeber stan chicks dig scars. LOL

Old 12-05-2005, 06:03 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Originally Posted by cigarxtc
OH YA, when's the last time you had a tetonis shot? I know you said the saw was new, but you never know.
5 days before I did this. But that's another story! lol, that poor hand has taken a beating in the last couple weeks.

I'll fill that part in later---but for now, I should be in class!

STan

BTW: I've gotten it to close up, and it looks pretty good. When it was open, I was able to root around in there, and make sure there were no laserations to the ligament, it seemed Aok. I have full range of motion, with no real pain, and no numbness around the area. I did have one of my paramedic buddies look at it though, he laughed---then said it looks to be okay.

Old 12-05-2005, 06:06 PM
SwOkcOffRoader
Postmaster
Hey Stan.....DONT DO THAT!! IT HURTS!!!.... ......just messin with ya, glad it turned out ok.....seriously, my wife (the nurse) said you need to go in and see if you need any antibiotics, cause that tetanus shot wont stop you from possibly getting a serious infection.. ..just had to say that cause we care... aww how sweet....

BTW: like my new sig?? hehe!!

Last edited by SwOkcOffRoader; 12-05-2005 at 07:04 PM.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:42 PM
dakota_viking
Elder User
Stan!

Are you trying to get down to as many digits as I have? That was not cool!

Hope everything is feeling better now.

Have a good one,

Tim

Old 12-06-2005, 08:50 AM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Love the sig. Brian. You should link that to one of those pictures, then have a redirect to the forum. hehe

Yeah Tim, I just want to be like you man!

I've been hitting it with the h2o2 and neosporen lately---it seems to be shaping up fairly well.

Dang, after seeing the reply to this post---I'm thinking I'm going to have to resort to self-mutilation to get some activity in here!

STan

Old 12-06-2005, 10:03 AM
SwOkcOffRoader
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Traxxis
You should link that to one of those pictures, then have a redirect to the forum.
i could if you put one in your FTE gallery, seems that linking anything outside of FTE is pulling up a "try our sponsers first" screen, and a redirect link from there, try clicking your link....how do i put a redirect to the forum with the pic??

Old 12-07-2005, 08:56 AM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Hmmm.... I'm not sure how to redirect---but I think if anybody would know, it would likely be Tim or maybe Nomo (Neil).

I do like the sig though--- Pretty creative.

But I mean---REALLY, who would have thought that saw would be that sharp??? hehe

STan

Old 12-07-2005, 12:02 PM
A_G
Posting Guru
since stan is so hallow...i did it for him

https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...&albumid=19268
thats the gallery with both photos

heres the direct link ( i just removed the tags, i dont know how to do an exact redirect tho.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...oid=97690&.jpg

BTW some time next spring we need to go wheeling somewhere..sw hows that snow kind project comming along, we need atleast one car with 4wd or a winch..LOL

Heres a link to help with redirects
http://www.macalester.edu/cit/docs/howto/urlredirect/

Last edited by A_G; 12-07-2005 at 12:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Okay, Okay---