Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-28-2005, 03:38 PM
Senior User

Dave Barbieri is starting off with a positive reputation.
Methanol Prices in Texas & Oklahoma

Here in Tyler (east TX), I'm getting quotes of around $6/gal for 5 gallon pails. If I buy it by the 55 gallon barrel, the price drops to 4.52/gallon. Anybody found a better deal out there?
Old 12-01-2005, 11:59 AM
Senior User

rrrrick is starting off with a positive reputation.
Dave,
I don't know where you buy your methanol, but check with local racers. Here in Las Vegas I pay 129.00 for 55 gals of methanol but another supplier sells "racing grade" methanol for 250.00 a drum. Racers will know where to find the best prices.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:49 PM
New User

TexasSD is starting off with a positive reputation.
Mike's Offroad in Fort Worth quoted me $2.50 / gallon in 55 gallon drums. If you order it by Tuesday, he has it on Thursday.

Sorry to hijack, but are you using NaOH or KOH? I'm trying to find KOH locally and not having any luck. Delivered it's running about 2.25lb and I know people are getting it a lot cheaper out there.

Good Luck!

Scott
Old 12-01-2005, 06:26 PM

cookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant future
f250juggernaut
Welcome to the Ford Truck Enthusiasts forums TexasSD.
79 Bronco Ranger XLT.. used be the driver, now waiting to become the project.
96 Grand Marquis LS... 25 mpg commuter
Old 12-04-2005, 11:44 AM
Senior User

Rick - Thanks for the idea.I'll start checking at some of the speed shops and the local racetrack (Lone Star Raceway). Just seems sorta odd that I need to go to a retailer to beat the wholesale price! Go figure...
Old 12-04-2005, 11:48 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSD
Mike's Offroad in Fort Worth quoted me $2.50 / gallon in 55 gallon drums. If you order it by Tuesday, he has it on Thursday.

Sorry to hijack, but are you using NaOH or KOH? I'm trying to find KOH locally and not having any luck. Delivered it's running about 2.25lb and I know people are getting it a lot cheaper out there.

Good Luck!

Scott
I'll add Mike's Offroad to my 'to call' list! Fort Worth is no prob, since I go thru the DFW area every other weekend on my way to OKC. And at 2.50/gal, I'm saving over $2 for every gallon I buy. I could easily pick up a couple of barrels on my way up and bring them back with me. Plus, the extra weight will make the truck ride pretty nice!
Old 12-04-2005, 11:48 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels

Tags
55, buy, cost, drum, fort, gallon, las, methanol, michigan, motorsports, oklahoma, price, prices, sale, texas, vegas, worth