fuel injector wire missing need HELP!! ASAP!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 10:27 PM
FortyFords
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 99f350sd
Also the wires on mine are two wires until they get into the harness right in the center rear of the engine right next to the fuel rail, right behind it. At that point they dissapear into the harness to go who knows where.
They go directly to the pcm.It contols the timing of the pulse/cylinder
Rich

Old 12-01-2005, 11:10 AM
'87BroncoII
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Still not there

yesterday i tore open the whole R. side of the wiring loom to find that wire, and its no where ill look for the color you told me today. But theres no connector, no wires coming out of the loom past the fuel rail. Unless the wire comes off the other half of the harness its not there. Can I splice from another cylinders injector that fires at the same time, and which one would that be. Ill go pick up a connector at the junk yard today, hopefully that will work it doesnt look like any one just cut the wire, if they did they did a damn good gob covering it up all the tape everything looks factory. thanks and let me know if i can fix this easily.

I keep drinking beer after beer and it still looks the same its getting a little blurry though. lol

Old 12-01-2005, 11:16 AM
'87BroncoII
Junior User
also under the loom on top of the head all the red wires looked like they were spliced there was heat shrink tubing around them everything is there except the stupid wires and connector

Old 12-01-2005, 01:06 PM
99f350sd
Lead Driver

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
I think you are prob missing it I can't believe its not there. I may be wrong but I hope not. Look on the back of the motor it may have fallen down. The pair should originate from the center rear of the engine. No you can't hook it up anywhere else.
If you would like a picture I can do that tonight let me know.

Dick

Old 12-01-2005, 05:41 PM
FortyFords
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Dick this is one messed up truck if the injector wiring is not there.
I can't believe that it was even driven this way.
If its all true somebody messed this thing up big time
I'd like to know more history on this thing.
Did he buy it or what.
Something is getting fishy here
Rich

Old 12-02-2005, 02:05 PM
'87BroncoII
Junior User
the history is a long story but here it is as i know it AMR Cons. bought it new from the dealership it was the owners truck not a work horse. im guessing around 75,000 miles the motor was swapped because of a knock im not shure where he got the truck but im assuming thats who did the swap. the owner is my bosses nephue and my boss had a gambling problem and could no longer afford his new ram 3500 so they basically traded payments and trucks. the truck was then put to work for the gravel company i used to work for towing a dump trailer and a tractor around very minimal use only for emergincies it was mostly my bosses truck not a work horse. one day i had to pull 5 yards of gravel approxmately 6.5 tons towed it fine except when i went to back it up it made a funny noise and there was no longer reverse. so we take it to the shop they rebuild the transmission and put a shift kit in it and a high stall converter my boss couldnt afford to have this done but he just bounced a check to get his truck fixed. he then makes me an offer i cannot refuse all he wated is what he owed $8,500 the day we sigh he raised it up to $9,000 because the first offer as he said only lasted a week but i took to long getting the money. so i buy the truck and ive never seen the SES light on until recently which i find weird becauce wires dont just get up and walk away overnight ive had to replace the fuel pump, and the power steering pump and thats about all i know hope fully this helps ill continue to search for it but i just cant see it and like you said it dosent have more than 3 inches of slack and ive cut open the loom 6 inches behind the last coil wire and 12 inches in front im not seeing any disconnected wires. Could this have happed in the factory are the wiring looms assembled by hand did some one just forget a connector, and is there any way to get the dealership to pay for the repairs?

Old 12-03-2005, 03:26 PM
LxMan1

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
It would have missed from day one without the injector hooked up. Sounds like something happened during the engine swap and maybe it was repaired poorly.

Old 01-04-2006, 02:18 PM
'87BroncoII
Junior User
wow i really feel like a jackass now lol so i tore back into my truck today to wrap up the wires with electrical tape from looking for the missing wire and i decided to feel around the back of the block a little more low and behold i found the connector but i couldnt get it to reach to the injector i had to rip off everything including the fuel rail take the injector out plug it in and force it into where its supposed to go damn i feel dumb i guess i just needed to sober up before i could find it well thanks for letting me know im a complete ******* hehehe just glad i got it fixed you guys are great and now im not so dissapointed in ford but i still think my truck is getting ready to blow a plug i hear a tapping noise on low idle it really scares me well i havent started the truck yet im waiting for spilt fuel to evap. and my comp to reset lets hope it works

Old 01-04-2006, 06:30 PM
99f350sd
Lead Driver

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
It was tight are you sure its on the right cyl maybe they switched 2 of them.
Glad you found it.