Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Can I say HEY??? :)

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 11:29 PM
fordgirl77
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can I say HEY??? :)

I'm actually in NE PA, but I grew up in NE OK (Grand Lake O' the Cherokees are my old stompin' grounds, and I learned to bog out in the bottoms on the NW side of the river, in Daddies 78 F-150...now I got my own 77, 4wd, 6in lift, 33.5 tires, my baby[don't tell my kids I said that], and wish I was back on my old stomping grounds to put her to the test).

Old 11-23-2005, 01:03 AM
hotrod48
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Howdy. Welcome to the site. The Oklahoma chapter isn't that active, but there are a few here. I've just passed through NE Oklahoma, since I'm located in central. Sounds like you have a good truck. Any chance you could create a gallery, we all like pictures? Welcome again.

hotrod48

Old 11-23-2005, 07:50 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Howdy, fordgirl77. It's always good to hear from people that live(d) in Oklahoma. The closest I've gotten to that Disney area so far is just watching the Superlift Offroad Challenge tv series. It looks like a blast and great place to play in the mud and rocks.

I've driven through some areas of PA. You've got access to some great forrest and mud trails out there too. And if you ever make it down to DC or Northern Virginia and really wanna test yer trucks abilities you've got to check out the tank trails at Occoquan.

Now you've got to create a free user gallery to show us some pics of your baby,...er...I mean truck.

Old 11-23-2005, 01:50 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Welcome to the site---and the Oklahoma Chapter (even though you don't currently live here---you CAN still join our Chapter---I'll just put you down as 'Alumni' status ).

STan

Old 12-02-2005, 11:42 PM
fordgirl77
Freshman User
Thanks for the welcomes guys!!! Yeah, my truck is my baby (don't tell my kids...), although right now she needs some tlc -- somehow I broke the rear shocks...oops. hehe, was gonna replace them anyway!!!! She's got Ranchos, I was gonna give her Monroes. Monroe says they don't offer shocks for her lift, I'll have to get Ranchos. Since when????? My dad's had a higher lift and he ONLY used Monroes. His was a 78, but he lifted her in 88 (til my sis got her license she was AWESOME!!!! The truck, not my sis. Loose sand, driving too fast, hits gas instead of brake, electricity is out for days, dad has to pawn his fave gun to fix his truck...gee, I dunno why I don't ket anyone else drive me truck) I let my husband drive her ONCE. He got her "stuck" in the YARD. I just stood there going,"Um, she's in 2 high, put her in 4 low" he was scared to try!!!! LMAO Ah, Jersey boys...they're cute.
I have displaced some serious soil in the bottoms of Grand LAke O' the Cherokees/Lake Ft Gibson in my dad's 78. I am DYING to get my 77 down there!!!!!!!!!!! But it's 1300 miles away, so I have to settle for this non-clay, nearly no-slide inducing black farm soil...oh well. I can't say I haven't been having fun (I did blow out the rear shocks after all )

Old 12-02-2005, 11:44 PM
fordgirl77
Freshman User
How do I post a pic????? I'd love to show off my baby!!!! She's not show quality, she's a plaything (I wouldn't insult her by dressing her up, she's the tomboy I've always been, shies away from makeup, jumps in the mud)

Old 12-03-2005, 07:26 AM
A_G
Posting Guru
depending on your hosting stie
i use www.imageshack.us because theres no sign up needed

Then you find the direct link
then put img tags around it

remove the spaces
[ i m g ] your image link here [ / i m g ]

Haft to do it that way or it will show up like a red xed box
peace

Old 12-03-2005, 05:12 PM
SwOkcOffRoader
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey there, welcome to FTE, always nice to see new faces!! I grew up in central PA and moved to OK in 92....lovely scenery up there, but thats the only good thing i can remember!! lol, other than the vast amounts of forest that are great for dirtbikes and 4x4's...i would love to take my 78 F-250 4x4 up there to tackle some mountains..my F-250 actually came from Erie Pa, it was a PennDot snowplow back in its prime, now its my riverbottom play toy!! i guess NE OK has more to offer for us offroad junkies, cause here in OKC there arent any good places left to wheel at.....hopefully that will change someday if im able to open an offroad park like i want to...anyways, good to hear from ya and i cant wait to see pics of your rig...which by the way, you can post pics by going to your user control panel (user cp on the tool bar above) and edit gallery, then you can download them from your puter...personally i have my user cp in my favorites list, that way i can go straight to it and see what threads that ive made or responded to have been answered....have a good day....

Old 12-03-2005, 05:43 PM
fordgirl77
Freshman User
I just realized my pix were on the old puter that took a dump, and my new doesn't have a scanner hooked up. I'll have to use my mother-in-laws scanner, then email the pix to myself and load up on this one. Not a big deal really, I live w/ my in-laws, so it's a matter of going upstairs and dealing w/ her slow puter...AURGH!!! LOL I'll try to get some pix up this weekend though!!!

Old 12-03-2005, 06:09 PM
A_G
Posting Guru
LOL

im prolly the one that nows your old stomping grounds the best. IM about 10 miles south of locust grove

But some of those good mudding spots are now coved in dumps...people dump there crap

You gone mudding down by the power plant. Some good spots there to.

NoMo (i think it is) knows that area well too...I think hes from tahlequah.

Heck you might know my grandpa or dad if you live in choteau

The littlefields
there so many of us LOL
peace,
Anthony "Goose" Littlefield

Last edited by A_G; 12-03-2005 at 06:14 PM.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:37 PM
ranger240
Elder User
hey girl, I used to live in brockway, that sound familliar? it's just north of ridgeway iirc. I know it isn't to far off I-80. that was like 19 years ago, and I was like 11 at the time, so things aren't that clear to me. I still have a couple of cousins I was close to living there around brockway. I also have a HUGE very extended family around Titasville, Pleasantville, and that area, and across the state.

welcome to the "OK" chapter, it's just that. enjoy!!