Sponsored by:

1996 Eddie Bauer Bronco

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 01:15 AM
KinneyKISS
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 1996 Eddie Bauer Bronco

Hello! First I would like to introduce myself - my name is Chris, I'm new to the site. I'm actually a new driver too and I was blessed with a BEAUTIFUL white 1996 Eddie Bauer Bronco for my first, and hopefully only (cause I like it so much) truck. I just got it repaired...it needed a new quarter panel, tailgate, and rear window. I was just wondering since I'm relatively new to this whole thing, if the nice Ford owners here could give me the rundown on the truck...gas mileage, rust prevention (It came from North Carolina, completely rust free, but now that New Jersey is its new salty roaded home, I don't know how long it will last) personal opinions, any little things I should know about my Bronco! All feedback is appreciated!!!
http://members.chello.at/gabriela.sc...front-left.jpg

Last edited by IB Tim; 11-20-2005 at 07:07 AM.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:08 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
...Welcome to Ford Truck Enthusiasts!
Stick around someone will be by shortly to answer your question.
We are happy you have chosen the best source for Fords!

Enjoy FTE....and
JOIN CLUB FTE -SUPPORT THE FORUMS!
…..See you on the boards.

Old 11-20-2005, 07:19 AM
ExpySport
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi, Chris, and welcome to the forums. I had a 94 Bronco XLT which I loved. That truck never let me down and took me wherever I needed to go. I special ordered it from my Ford dealer, took delivery of her with 3 miles on the odometer, and drove her until she had 130,000 miles on her. Only reason I traded her in on a new Expy was family and needed more room. The only things ever to mechanically go wrong was the transmission died at 100,000 miles and the oil pan gasket needed replaced around 90,000 miles. Other than that, I kept up on a regular maintenance schedule and that 5.0L kept going. Mine was optioned out so much that she was basically an Eddie Bauer with XLT badges. You've acquired an awesome machine. Take care of her with regular PM, and she'll last you for a long time!

Old 11-20-2005, 07:31 AM
Roushians
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If having a family means I'd have to get rid of my baby, then call me mr anti-family guy! hehe

Sounds sweet KinneyKiss. Your situation sounds very similar to me. I have a 1996 F-150 Eddie Bauer, painted white (with a tan color around the very bottom - Eddie Bauer style). I brought my truck up here (Canada) from Southern Kentucky, and it's virtually rust free. For this year I'm going to get it sprayed (Krown). I've also been meaning to touch-up rock nicks in the paint asap, but still haven't (thanks for reminding me!). We just had our first snow storm friday, and they salt like absolutely crazy here!

I just looked at your picture, jesus, that thing is cleaner and nicer than mine!! You ******* Mine looks exactly the same, except it has a box. If your previous owner took good care of it, you're set! What motor do you have? I have a 4.9L I-6 and a 5-speed, so my drive train is solid for regular driving. Not a single major repair on my truck, and it doesn't seem/feel like there will be one any time soon! I love it. I'm actually installing a 6" lift kit on it this weekend

So yeah, enough on my truck, lol! We would need I suppose to ask what engine and tranny you have, the rear end gear ratio, and how heavy your foot is to give you an estimate on possibly fuel mileage. For ultimate rust prevention and control, I'd say one would have to take the body off the chassis, sand-blast the chassis, and paint it with POR-15. Also paint the underside of the body POR-15 (i think).

Oh, take care of your rear wheel wells, they are the first thing that rusts out on the bodies. When I get my truck sprayed, I will be making sure they spray in there, as well as a few other touchy spots.