Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 1997 - 2003 F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1997 - 2003 F150 1997-2003 F150, 1997-1999 F250LD, 7700 & 2004 F150 Heritage SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-16-2005, 09:05 PM
Senior User

BltFordTough is starting off with a positive reputation.
Extended Cab 8 foot bed a rare option?

Hey guys,

I was looking around for a used truck and would like to get a extended cab with an 8 foot bed. Only problem is, I have not seen one for sale yet ??? Is this a rare option, or am I just not finding any?

Did a little research and found a picture of one.

Click the image to open in full size.

NOTE: Did a some more looking and noticed that I was only searching for the v6 5-Speed 150's (which I want) Could you not get a ex cab long bed with a v6 or manual???

Last edited by BltFordTough; 11-16-2005 at 09:07 PM.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:58 PM
Postmaster

triton_2002 is starting off with a positive reputation.
The longbed is not very popular, so it will probably be a little hard to find. Not sure if you can get the V6 5sp with a long bed.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:31 AM
New User

roadgrime is starting off with a positive reputation.
I see a few of them around. When i bought my 98 sc short bed a few weeks ago i had my choice between the 4.6 sc short bed i bought or a 98 sc long bed with the 5.4 price was within 500.00 and both had about 80k on the ticker... so they are out there u just have to watch... or you m ight try (if you are willing to travel) some of the websites like cars.com etc to try and find one.

Edit Sorry Didnt see you wanted v6 -5spd
Old 11-17-2005, 02:37 PM
Postmaster

kspilkinton has a very good reputation on FTE.kspilkinton has a very good reputation on FTE.kspilkinton has a very good reputation on FTE.kspilkinton has a very good reputation on FTE.
The truck is not entirely rare, just a way uncommon.

Here's what I've noticed about the S/C long beds: Most of these trucks were built as work or XL models, so usually they are pretty banged up, contractor used, trucks.

As far as a V-6 5 spd.... well you're looking at an uncommon truck as it is, specific options may be harder to find. I'm fairly certain they were built, but the truck weighs a bit more than the 4200 lbs than a bone stock, reg cab, XL, 4x2, with 6ft bed. They added two more crossmembers underneath as well as the cab and bed stretch, so figure about 750-1000 lbs. If you plan on hauling anything over 500 pounds in the bed, it'll be a struggle... not to mention the towing and payload capacity are greatly reduced because of the M5OD transmission. You may need to broaden your search.

Do you have a specific need for the V-6, 5spd, S/C, w/8ft bed?

Edit: Just found that Ford did not offer a V-6 in the 157" WB trucks from 2000-2004 (Heritage)... this includes the V-6 in a S/C with 8ft bed.

Look at the link below.... may have to navigate some, but It may help you find other info. It's the Ford factory body builder site and gives a lot of technical details.

http://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/

-Kerry

Last edited by kspilkinton; 11-17-2005 at 02:47 PM.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:02 PM
Senior User

whimsey is starting off with a positive reputation.
For my work I needed a S/C long bed and wanted a manual tranny and 4X4. No luck in finding one on the lots so I ordered it. A BIG red 2002 Ford F-150 ! I originally wanted the V-6 but I could only order with 4.6 and manual tranny. Lucky for me V-6 doesn't come in that model and 4X4. It would have been WAY underpowered . Not sure if the X2 S/C longbeds could be had with the V-6 . Anyway, F-150 S/C longbeds are a bit "tough" to find.

Whimsey
Old 11-17-2005, 04:26 PM
Posting Guru

FordTrucksKickGM is starting off with a positive reputation.
Long beds didn't sell as well as the short beds but they are out there. The only S/c's with a V6 were 2wd. Also a side note. you couldn't get a truck with a 5.4 and manual tranny unless it was in a Super Duty. If you want a S/C with a manual tranny your only option is a 4.6.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:41 PM

LxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant future
My next door neighbor has a 2002 SuperCab with an 8ft bed. It has the 5.4L/auto.

88 5.0 LX Mustang
63 F100 351W/C6

Old 11-30-2005, 08:49 AM
New User

KDOGDAMAN is starting off with a positive reputation.
I own, and have seen many in the Virginia Beach area, a 1994 F150 5.0 automatic 4x4 supercab 8'bed. The F250 in this body style is more common though.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:11 PM
Junior User

Shampboys 4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
We have many here in the Daytona Beach FL. area.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:21 PM
Posting Guru

GammaDriver is starting off with a positive reputation.
We, too, have some down here. I didn't really see them until I was shopping for one. Then I started seeing them - mostly, if not all, 2WD models around South Florida. My 1999 Ext. cab long bed 4x4 came from PA originally. It was a contractor's truck there, and did it's share of heavy, heavy work. Parts of it are worn out, and I did replace the bedliner due to heavy wear. The 4.6 still runs well (EGR ports probably need cleaned out though), and the Mazda tranny is, well, a Mazda tranny. I like stick shifts, but I wish Ford had not continued using M5OD's.

Was it a rare option? Well, not really - maybe just in your part of the country they are rare. They certainly are ugly though. I would rather own a 1996 ext. cab long bed, but those are pretty worn out I reckon. I'll try to post some pictures of mine soon.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:21 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 1997 - 2003 F150

Tags
2004, 97, bed, beed, bones, cab, cb, ext, extended, f150, f250, feet, foot, ford, ft, illinois, option