diesel secret energy and imitator

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 07:43 PM
dslmn
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question diesel secret energy and imitator

Just found another site purporting to provide an alternative to biodiesel processing by using a filtration system and additive. Both sites are selling the additive, plans for the filtration system, and a starter kit with an instuctional video. Has anyone on this forum tried one of these systems? I have tried to post questions regarding the chemistry involved on their sites, but the posts have been refused.

Old 11-15-2005, 10:27 PM
kalsc
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What is the name of the product? Wouldn't be Acusorb would it? :-)

Old 11-16-2005, 11:59 AM
dslmn
Freshman User
The website is Hybrid Energy Systems. I did some further searches here and tracked down several references to the DSE stuff. Basically it's WVO and kerosene and these sites are selling their additive and an instructional video telling you how to filter and mix the oil and kerosene and other additives. Probably not a scam, but the information is readily available in "from the fryer to the fuel tank".

Old 11-30-2005, 01:01 PM
wh336fire
Senior User
I have DSE's plans and additive , but have not had time to put the system together . It seems like a simple procedure . I am looking forward to trying it out .

Old 11-30-2005, 07:25 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Talking Snake Oil

Originally Posted by dslmn
Just found another site purporting to provide an alternative to biodiesel processing by using a filtration system and additive. Both sites are selling the additive, plans for the filtration system, and a starter kit with an instuctional video. Has anyone on this forum tried one of these systems? I have tried to post questions regarding the chemistry involved on their sites, but the posts have been refused.
Pure snake oil!!!! Don't waste your money OR your engine! Any company that relies on testimonials and refuses to supply technical data OR answer any questions is BOGUS!!!! FABMANDELUX.

Old 12-14-2005, 12:54 PM
smid87
New User
There are many discussions on the "Diesel Secret" and many have discovered their seceret and I believe it is tolulene, Every discussion I have read about this indicates that this is bogus and could potentially damage your engine. What most people do not know is that you can get their MSDS from government as they have to file it to sell it. Others have researched this and their resounding response is "Snake oil". read around the biodiesel now forums and you will find it. My recommendation is don't use it unless it is proven.

Old 12-14-2005, 01:49 PM
dslmn
Freshman User
I tend to agree that it would be unwise to put unknowns in your fuel tank. The fact that neither site would allow me to post queries as to the chemistry involved leads one to further believe that while they might not be total scammers, they certainly are hiding something. As I stated earlier, after researching the other posts on this forum, I was able to determine that all they're doing is basically mixing filtered WVO and kerosene plus their additive; a legitimate fuel for running diesels, but not as good as biodiesel or running heated SVO probably and the additives are not essential to the fuel production process.

Old 12-15-2005, 06:09 AM
670johndeere
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dse

Well I was one of the people that was caught up in the simplicity of the DSE and had to purchase the kit and make a batch. It was simple to make and this stuff ran very well, ( not to mention the smell was real nice ). My wife was callling my truck the Fry Daddy. I only ran about 25 Gal that was all the oil that I got.
I haven't ran enough to see if their was any effects on my truck. But of course I did this before I joined this fine site and did searches on this stuff. All it is Thinned Veggie oil blend. I believe after reading posts from all the fine people at this site, making actual Bio Diesel Would be a better way to go. ( not to mention Probably better on your PDS).

Old 12-15-2005, 04:32 PM
jimkidd
Elder User
I bought a quart of this crap. Does any body want to buy it?