Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Nite, Nascar & Other Limited Edition Ford Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-13-2005, 08:52 AM
New User

ashleydaryll is starting off with a positive reputation.
Exclamation '91 Ford D-150 Nite Brake Problems

My husband just recently purchased a '91 F-150 Nite that needed new brakes/rotars. He is running into some problems removing the old brakes, it seems like he needs some sort of allen key for it, but no sized allen key is working. does anyone know of a trick or if there is a certain tool he would need to purchase before he can remove them? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 11-13-2005, 08:55 AM
Senior User

plapczynski is starting off with a positive reputation.
On my 93, they just hammer out. Do they have some rubber material in it? If so they should tap out with a drift and hammer.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:17 PM
Post Fiend

andym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputation
We need more detail.

Is this a 4x4 or 4x2? What part is he having trouble removing? The only place I can think of that he needs an alan key for is the removal of the hubs, but I just want to confirm that. If that's the case, he needs either a 9/32 or an 11/32 (can't remember which).

"If you want to live in a country that manufactures things, you need to buy things that your country manufactures." - Mike Rowe
Old 11-13-2005, 01:31 PM
Junior User

MikeGV is starting off with a positive reputation.
Brake Removal

I have a 91 F150 2WD. I've done the rotors before as well as the pads. I didn't use an allan key for the rotors (that I remember) and I know I didn't use one for the pads..they just have some sliding retainers that hammer out. They are like a 4" or so rod, but they are diamond shaped (not round). They hammer out with a drift or punch and have a rubber insulator between the two halves.

Its kind of like if you made a rod that looked like this on the end:
<> But there is a rubber insulator between the two ends.

Mike
Old 11-13-2005, 01:34 PM
Post Fiend

quicklook2 has a very good reputation on FTE.quicklook2 has a very good reputation on FTE.quicklook2 has a very good reputation on FTE.quicklook2 has a very good reputation on FTE.
i'm with andym, we need more info.

the more you describe your problem and vehicle specs the better members can help you.

do you have a manual? if not get one.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:34 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Nite, Nascar & Other Limited Edition Ford Trucks