Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-20-2011, 04:16 PM
New User

lawnpro44 is starting off with a positive reputation.
fuses or circuit breakers???

Does anyone have an idea where those circuit breakers go to that are under the hood in those 2 little clusters on the drivers side? My owners manual only has info on the one under the steering wheel. I got some electrical issues and I'd like to know what their function is so i can better work with it. Thats on a 05 Excursion with 6.0 turbo Diesel.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:35 PM
New User

DragOne is starting off with a positive reputation.
I think that one of those under the hood boxes contained the FICM fuse and relays. I need to come up with the diagrams as well since I am having electrical issues with my 05.

added: and the other may be the glow plug module.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:16 PM
Postmaster

william_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputation
Search e-bay for seller "ultratoolz". You can get a factory service manual on disc that will have every wiring diagram you will ever want for your X.

You can also look for the hard copies. I found one years ago and find it easier to use then the laptop when I'm in the driveway.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:22 PM
Posting Guru

jasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by william_04_x View Post
Search e-bay for seller "ultratoolz". You can get a factory service manual on disc that will have every wiring diagram you will ever want for your X.
Are their disks that good, the full manual? The listing looks kinda fishy to me so I was heasitant to invest.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:08 PM
Postmaster

william_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputation
The disc I received is the same one that dealer techs get. They are full manuals for every model of Ford, Lincoln, Mercury for the particular model year you purchase. I think I paid $20 for it.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:28 PM
Junior User

mblaksley is starting off with a positive reputation.
Running lights for trailer towing mirrors 02 excursion

Quote:
Originally Posted by muelheim View Post
Thanks for the replies on wiring diagrams. My 03 Excursion was not wired in the doors for the running light portion of the OEM swing way mirrors I installed. Turn signal is present on the connector but not running lights. I had to run a new wire from the connector to the back of the headlight switch out to the connector behind the door panel. I figured out that the power for the running lights comes directly from the headlight switch and that no relay is involved.

>

I love the bigger mirrors for towing and now have all the lights working on the mirror housing.>

>

I know your post is quite old but you've managed to do what I need to do. I just installed 1A autos 08 style trailer towing mirrors with heat, signal, movement and running lights. Down side is my '02 exc does not support the running lights and I would like to hook them up. I have little electrical experience so any help would be appreciated. I see you wired them into the headlight switch....could you provide a procedure or pictures. I hate to take this to the dealer or an RV shop as you never know what they may do. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:28 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs

Tags
03, 2001, 2005, column, diagram, diagrams, excursion, ford, mirror, panel, power, radio, relay, speaker, steering, wiring