Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Gary Lewis

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-11-2005, 10:01 PM
Postmaster

cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.
Talking So Who All Fishes Here in Oklahoma ???

I was just wondering who else here, in Oklahoma, fishes? Where and how do you fish? I enjoy bank and boat fishing. I'm usually after species I can take home and eat; crappie, panfish, stripers, hybred, cats, etc... It's one of the most relaxing hobbies I enjoy, besides workin on my Ford trucks. Anybody do any fishing on Skiatook lake lately? Got any fishing reports for me? I was thinking of going up there on Sunday afternoon.

Daily Driver 1978 F150

Last edited by cigarxtc; 11-11-2005 at 10:08 PM.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:16 PM
Postmaster

Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.
I do! I do! If only somebody would invite me---I might have a reason then to take off work! hehe----okay, just kidding Ron!

I'm a largemouth guy (yeah yeah, both litterally, and figurtivley (sp?)), with an occasional crappie or cat trip. Unfortionatley, I've not had any time too for the last few years, therefore---I usually only make it out every few months (if that).

STan

Old 11-26-2005, 07:59 PM
Posting Guru

Frost13 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Man, where you been? It's DEER SEASON!!! Nobody's fishin right now! Well, they shouldn't be.

But really, I usually either pond, lake, or river fish for perch, crappie, catfish, and bass.

1994 F-150 S/C S/B 2wd XL, 300, 5-speed, 3.55, 183k
Old 11-27-2005, 05:45 AM
Posting Guru

A_G is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yep.i fish..didnt gt out this year..been to hot.
But i got a buck already LOL..but i didnt shoot it..i hit it..with the van..
Old 12-27-2005, 06:33 PM
Elder User

74 F100 351m is starting off with a positive reputation.
I help in some nice fish cover at the pumpback. I can't wait till they rase the water back up.
Old 01-07-2006, 11:14 PM
New User

osugrad is starting off with a positive reputation.
We have been catfishing the past couple of weekends and last weekend we caught 14 catfish at apx 9 lbs each. That's some good eat'n
Old 01-08-2006, 06:26 AM
Site Administrator

IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
...Welcome to Ford Truck Enthusiasts!

…..See you on the boards.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

When you are down...look up...get up...and don't ever give up....
Old 01-08-2006, 02:31 PM
Postmaster

cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.
Ya, I haven't fished yet this year. I haven't been since November. A couple guys at work went to Grand Lake last weekend and had a stringer of Blue cats so large and long they both couldn't lift it off the ground with a broom handle. Everyone of them fish had a fat full belly. Lots of 8+ pounders. Sigh. I wish I could find them that easily.

Daily Driver 1978 F150

Last edited by cigarxtc; 01-08-2006 at 02:34 PM.
Old 01-08-2006, 04:45 PM
Posting Guru

petes79f150 is a splendid one to beholdpetes79f150 is a splendid one to beholdpetes79f150 is a splendid one to beholdpetes79f150 is a splendid one to beholdpetes79f150 is a splendid one to beholdpetes79f150 is a splendid one to beholdpetes79f150 is a splendid one to behold
Haven't been since last fall, but when we do go, it's usually to the Mountain Fork, or over to the White River @ Eurika Springs. I'll occasionally slip over to Pretty Water to unwind, plus it's perfect for my little Bass Buster. There's the creek that runs out of Sahoma Lake that's good for the little boat or canoe too. Promise not to tell anyone, and I'll show you a crappie hole.....yeah, right. We're mostly fly fishing these days, and I'm anxious for next spring to try some of the bass poppers the wife's been tying. As warm as it's been, I shoulda been out more, but you know how that is. When are we gonna get some rain? All the ponds I've got access to look bad, so I didn't want to pressure the fish any more than they already are, but then again, maybe they need to be fished out. I don't know. Pawhuska is usually good this time of year for stocked rainbows, like Pretty Water. So many fishin' holes, so little time..... -Pete
Old 01-10-2006, 09:06 PM
Junior User

moodybo is starting off with a positive reputation.
I fish for it all! Currently I am looking for a small boat to hit the lakes around here. Does anybody have any leads? nothing too expensive.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:39 PM
Elder User

74 F100 351m is starting off with a positive reputation.
What is not to expensive? I have a 14 foot rowboat with no title I would let go of.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:48 PM
Postmaster

I don't have any leads on a boat, but I see lots of old ones just sitting in peoples yards all around Skiatook, Collinsville, and Owasso. I bet if you just stopped by and made an offer it wouldn't be hard to get one.

On another note, I went to Skiatook early Saturday morning to test out a new rod/reel and check out the water level. I just fished from the shore. The water was down almost Six Feet!!! I only saw a couple of small schools of bait fish on the surface out in the middle of the lake. There wasn't much movement anywhere on the lake except for the occaional bird. Didn't see any aquatic life movement in the shallow water yet. My fishing fingers are just itching for the action to start.

Daily Driver 1978 F150
Old 01-17-2006, 07:40 PM
Junior User

moodybo is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well i would have to have a title for the boat! And price would depend on the shape of the boat and where it is. Do you have any pictures? I plan on putting it on the lake here for jug and limb line fishing. I have been crappie fishing at Stroud lake and they are biting there! I found some boats on 169 north of Nowata i just need to stop and look!
Old 01-17-2006, 07:40 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter

Tags
collinsville, frosty13, owasso