Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-02-2006, 09:52 AM
Senior User

Batgeek is starting off with a positive reputation.
They will no doubt be coming out with a new body style to compete with Chevy and Dodge's new designs. I would not trust the spy photos in trying to determine how it will look. They do some really goofy things to fool people whenever they are testing a new design. As it gets closer to the launch date I'm sure we will see some much better and realiable pictures. I just hope it's not to much of a change the PSD is a good looking truck just the way it is now.
Old 01-02-2006, 05:12 PM
Posting Legend

sglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batgeek
They will no doubt be coming out with a new body style to compete with Chevy and Dodge's new designs. I would not trust the spy photos in trying to determine how it will look. They do some really goofy things to fool people whenever they are testing a new design. As it gets closer to the launch date I'm sure we will see some much better and realiable pictures. I just hope it's not to much of a change the PSD is a good looking truck just the way it is now.
On that, I would have to agree with you there.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:19 AM
Posting Guru

NickFordMan is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DD1684
With the '07 SDs nose being raised to look more like a truck you have to think for a second. Look how many big trucks have sloped noses for safety reasons. The International 4300 series trucks and the new Freightliner M2 Business Class trucks. Just to name a few. The whole idea of a big, boxy, tall truck appears to be fading slightly IMO. The hood lines aren't so tall anymore. I think it;s kind of stupid though. If you hit a truck doing 60 or faster, you're gonna be hurtin' no matter what!
What are you talking about? Aren't those commercial trucks? That's not really safety oriented, it's more about the visibility in trucks that are that big.

I love the higher hoodline. I really don't see a huge difference in driveability at all, and the truck looks more like a truck. I love driving the older trucks. The '80-'86 trucks have great visibility, same with the '87-'91 trucks. The hoodline on those trucks are a little straighter out then on the '07 spy pics, so I see nothing wrong with what they are doing.
Infact, I would like Ford, and other manufacturers to drop the extremely sloped hood look. The Dodges are horrible for it now. That's one of the huge reasons that I'm not to fond of the '97-'03 F-150.
The older '94-'01 Dodge Ram was actually very good at making a sloped hood look not so sloped. The way the headlights touched the very bottom of the grille, and the fender flares were designed to make the front end look higher then it actually was. Those were acceptable, but the new Ram's are way to ugly for me.

Anyways, enough of my ranting. Ford has always had one of the best looking trucks around, no matter what year, so I'm confident they'll do a very good job.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:27 AM
Post Fiend

ford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to all
the recent spy pics indicate nothing major has been done. the bumper has been lowered 3'' to comply with the new federal safety standards. it got new fenders,front and rear lights. the interior has been changed a lot.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:09 PM
Postmaster

handyman43358 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Where are these spy photos that everyones talking about? I can't find them...
Old 01-03-2006, 11:29 PM
Senior User

05bluehog is starting off with a positive reputation.
Check out the thread in the 6.0L forum... here's the link of the photo's I got touring Colorado in October. Caught me by surprise... lucky I had the camera ready for some nice scenery shots while on vacay!

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=415596

pics on page 1 & 3

Last edited by 05bluehog; 01-03-2006 at 11:38 PM.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:29 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
business, class, door, freightliner, locks, m2, stupid