General Automotive Discussion

Address for NASCAR........

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 09:23 PM
DeckedoutF150
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Address for NASCAR........

I am looking for and address for nascar where i can write to them and express how unhappy i am about the way the sport is being ran and the direction it is taking. they just put a limit on how many cars a team can field and the limit is 4. Roush has 5 and no one else fields 5 cars. Doesn't that sound odd?? when all of roushes drivers are in the chase, he cant help his drivers can drive and no one elses can. the other team that even comes closest is hendrick with 4 cars and they are chevs. still sounds funny to me, like its a little favoritism. they have turned nascar into a sissy sport.

Old 11-10-2005, 09:50 PM
Tomcat7742
Posting Guru
NASCAR is like getting thrown down the toilet, I refuse to watch anymore.

- Chris

Old 11-10-2005, 09:58 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Nascar has been going down the toilet since the 60s, when they put everybody down to a 358cid engine under the claim of reducing speed. Ford's cammer 427, dodge's good hemis and modified wedge engines, and pontiac's big blocks were kicked out in favor of a chevy design small block.
I find no joy in watching roundy-round races anymore, I go for F1, rally cars, and off road races now.

Old 11-10-2005, 11:17 PM
weadjust
Senior User
It would suit me just fine if they limited the teams to max of two cars.

Old 11-10-2005, 11:21 PM
guthrie&co
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
they have 2 offices one in conover nc and the other is in concord nc.

Old 11-11-2005, 04:47 AM
oldmaninva
Senior User
The "Home Office" for NASCAR is in Daytona Beach Fla. Is and always has been. You can send them your opinion but I can tell you (no offence to you) they don't give a S**t what anyone thinks! As long as they fill their mega-stands every week they will continue to do (as they always have) what ever they wish. NASCAR was the top of the sport in the 60's when it was owned and run by "Big Bill" France. He came up with the idea and worked his butt off to make it happen. He loved racing and knew it inside and out. When he turned it over to WINSTON and his lazy money grubbing kids It started down hill, and I am afraid it will continue to go down hill till people just stop buying tickets.By the way what you see on TV is just ONE division.

Old 11-11-2005, 07:37 AM
cjben
Lead Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Nah,they don't play favorites,just because Jimmie Johnson had no tests left and he went to pheonix last week to test for Brian Vickers,who was conviently "busy". I gaurantee you the car that had 25 on it will have 48 on it come this weekend....The great ford hope this year is the unbelievable Carl Edwards,77 points back,going to take Johnson and Stewart to have some trouble,but here's hoping!!

Old 11-11-2005, 10:37 AM
John8172
Senior User
The limit on 4 cars per team isn't official yet, but more than likely will be. I think they need to take the owner points out of qualifying and make the top 35 based on car/driver points. That will make things a little more fair to the smaller teams and independent drivers.

Old 11-11-2005, 11:54 AM
guthrie&co
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
they just need to do a owner test instead id a team test. this was cal wells and the roush teams would have a level playing field

Old 11-11-2005, 12:27 PM
Fordzlla
Elder User
Why not run like F-1?
You can have as many cars as you like, but only one pit stall......

Old 11-11-2005, 12:55 PM
dono
Gone but not forgotten.
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by oldmaninva
The "Home Office" for NASCAR is in Daytona Beach Fla. Is and always has been. You can send them your opinion but I can tell you (no offence to you) they don't give a S**t what anyone thinks! As long as they fill their mega-stands every week they will continue to do (as they always have) what ever they wish. NASCAR was the top of the sport in the 60's when it was owned and run by "Big Bill" France. He came up with the idea and worked his butt off to make it happen. He loved racing and knew it inside and out. When he turned it over to WINSTON and his lazy money grubbing kids It started down hill, and I am afraid it will continue to go down hill till people just stop buying tickets.By the way what you see on TV is just ONE division.
Down hill? Stop buying tickets? I was by Texas Speedway a week before 197,000 people showed up for a great race. A week before the race two parking lots were full of RV's and a continuous BBQ party was going on. I've been a fan since cars were really stock cars and I've watched it grow into a super-sport, not exactly "down hill". NASCAR is a business, a very successful one, not a democracy. Racing cars and bitching about real or alleged favoritism is as American as apple pie, and the sport will continue to grow and prosper.
Dono

Old 11-11-2005, 12:58 PM
SLE
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That would be quite intersting, I wonder how jack would find a way to fit all five in the same stall? I really don't think they are just picking on jack, he used the current system to best he could, good for him. Now nascar is like anything else, poeple don't want to see one team with every car in the chase, I know I dont, Heck I'd love to see one car from each team, or make provisions saying only one car per team is elgible for the chase (well maybe two) that way ol jack, hendrick, ect ect wouldn't gain much by having 5 teams. Or nascar could just frankly set a limit on wind tunnel test time, and limit each owner to x amount of tests no matter how many teams they have. The thing is no matter what the rule, teams will be forced to find ways around it, for those that do they will probably reap great benifits. So which team will be the first to split into two teams yet remain in the same shop? probably jack!!!

Last edited by SLE; 11-11-2005 at 01:04 PM.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:17 PM
DOHCmarauder
Postmaster
Here's the problem as I see it..........the report this morning intimated the 5 car limit would start next year. Roush has Sponsorship contracts till '09!!!

I have no problems with rule changes (they do "seem" to favor a brand but that's only in the name of parity....remember, Ford has won the last 3(?) cups....or 3 outta 4 (?) I could look it up but I'm lazy)

IMHO, any rule change should be implimented over a period of time as to let the teams that it affects adjust.......

What's funny about the above posts is that EVERYONE is correct!!! NASCAR is a HUGE success monetarily but a failure at maintaining the innovations and stretching of the rules that some people think racing should be.

I will still channel surf when a race is on to check the leader board.......Went to one in person and the start was chilling..........what a rush!!! Otherwise, to me, the other 498 miles is usually fluff!!

Old 11-11-2005, 02:42 PM
ford4.9
Senior User
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Fordzlla
Why not run like F-1?
You can have as many cars as you like, but only one pit stall......

You hit the nail on the head there....great idea

Old 11-11-2005, 07:25 PM
John8172
Senior User
Well they just announced on Speed channel that it will be 4 teams next year, so I guess it is official now...and Ryan Newman just crashed for the 2nd week in a row before the race even started

Quick Reply: Address for NASCAR........