Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > New Jersey Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New Jersey Chapter Join Chapter Leader: sddesigns

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-08-2005, 10:59 PM
Senior User

rxfx101 is starting off with a positive reputation.
1985 f-150 short bed f/s!

heh, i just rebuilt a 351w for the truck... motor runs like a dream lots of power... then the clutch went. so yeah. its up for sale.

here is what it has:
351w w/ 377miles on the motor, not even broken in yet!
-crank
-pistons
-rings
-rods
-.010" mains and rod bearings
-cam
-lifters
-oil pump
-timing chain and gears
-dist.
all of the above parts were replaced. i guess you can say i just rebuilt the block. the heads were all fine
um... cd player and new speakers in the door (woo hoo)
and a cb radio! (get'er done!)
31x10.50 mud tires, has some life in them, never got stuck with it.
light bar with two flood lights up top.
quad shocks up front and i believe last owner put some sort of off road suspension deal on it..i dunno..when i got the truck it was a mess, i cleaned the wiring up a bit and its been reliable, just the clutch went on me.

thats it.

the bad:
needs new clutch/throwout bearing... i priced it up, its like 100 $ but my trans leaks..

its a 4spd manual 4x4, but i think the hubs are broken or just replace the t-case, whatever... somethings messed up w/ the 4x4.. so i planned on just throwing in another trans and t-case

body is not pretty, dents, and dings...just lumpy and rust of course.

needs a new hood..when i was doing the motor work, my friend ran over it with his quad..heh. oops.

honestly, i love it. i really dont wanna give it up cuz its just so much fun and is one bad mother...trucker. its alot of fun and just mean looking. i dont have the time to fix it because im leaving very soon for basic training. im asking 400 $ or best offer. it has to be picked up because of the bad clutch. but it will start up.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:29 AM
Post Fiend

frederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to all
a picture would be nice. And, where in Jersey?
Old 11-10-2005, 08:23 AM
Senior User

rxfx101 is starting off with a positive reputation.
in manalapan nj (monmouth county) and this is the only pic i got of her.

picture!
Old 11-10-2005, 08:23 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > New Jersey Chapter

Tags
150, 1985, 85, bed, buy, diesel, explorer, f150, ford, sale, short, shortbed, shorted, truck, wont