Brought my '55 F100 back to my garage to work on the frame this winter. Glad to have it back in the garage. Just the rolling frame and cab. Now I can start derusting the frame and getting the shocks mounted. Need to do final fitting of the rear axle. When the frame is clean and painted I can mount the engine/trans to figure out the shifter location in the floor. Then fit a drive shaft. Put new brake lines in. Before you know it will be running. Well I can dream about it.
Website looks good. I would like to know how that Toyota power steering box handles on the street when you get it there (I'm sure it's worth the upgrade, but still curious what you think) if you don't mind.
One question for you. I noticed you still have the other two tires that were on the front of your truck when I picked up the rear end from you (The other two you gave me with the axle). Would you be interested in getting rid of them? I like the tread and I think they would look good on my 81. Thanks, and I appreciate the rear end and rear diff.
Yes I would like to get rid of those wheels/tires. They take up a lot of room and I have another set from my F150 I can use when I need to roll the chassis out of the garage. Email me and we can discuss a good price.
Ken, careful what you wish for, it may come true at the wrong time. I thought I was stranded at work last week when my truck wouldn't start. Phyllis was at home baby sitting our grandson Joshua and did not have a car seat, so could not pick me up. It acted like a dead battery, but I new the battery was not old enough to be bad yet. Luckily I found someone with a set of jumper cables.
If I turned on the lights while driving, the voltage would drop real low and the trans would shift to neutral.
Got the truck home and shut it down. Would not start again. I checked the battery voltage and it was over 12 volts. Turned out to be some mild corrosion on the battery posts. Cleaned them up and it started right up. No more problems since. And we now have a car seat for Joshua, just in case.
cigarxtc and I worked on my '55 today and got the rear axle and mono leaf springs mounted to the frame. Then we put the drumbrakes together and mounted the wheels. Now the back half of the truck can roll. Still need to come up with a way to mount rear shocks.
I got some more progress to report. The front suspension is done. New tie rod and ends, shocks, front disc brakes mounted. I made some custom upper rear shock mounts to work with the 68 F100 rear axle so rear shocks are done. Pics are here http://members.***.net/rogerdh/assembly_begins.htm
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.