If Your Reading This Va

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 09:21 PM
to many oft
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If Your Reading This Va

POST UP!!!
just thought ya`ll need a little nudge in the ribs!

Old 12-15-2005, 05:57 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Thanks for lookin' out! What would the most most is people posting topics. . .members stop in, but if there isn't anything new, they seem to move on

Old 12-15-2005, 06:02 PM
to many oft
Senior User
steve, we must be the only two who look in the VA forum every day!lol
at least we post regularly.

Old 12-15-2005, 06:38 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
I don't know if thats a good thing or not lol. I can't complain at all really, this chapter is just over a year old and is doing ALOT better than quite a few chapters that have been around for years I have hope for those chapters as well, some of them recently voted in new chapter leaders (for what ever reason) that seem to have some vigour

If nothing else, we got ourselves a nice chat room. Can't wait till the new year, really start pushing for local G2G's. Even if I have to host 1 every month till it catches on

Old 12-15-2005, 06:43 PM
to many oft
Senior User
chat room huh
well hows the 250 coming along

Old 12-15-2005, 08:09 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Welp, I think I have gotten some decent progress in on it. Got new rear leaf springs on it and hardware 2 weeks ago. Got the D61 spring perches moved in and the axle painted and installed. New U-bolts as well. Everything so far is nice and painted. I'm pretty confident I have firgured out how to swap 35 spline axles into the D61, but I have better things to spend my money on right now. Rolled it back into its spot, got the front end up on jack stands and cinder blocks. Tires off, tierod off, calipers off. That were it sits now till I recover from my new truck finacially. I think I got some pictures uploaded in my gallery, just before I put it up on blocks. Need to get my cab recovered, before it rusts out with all the rain even more than it is now

How are things on your end?

Old 12-16-2005, 12:51 PM
Violjohn78
Senior User
actually i usually check this place out every couple days, but i typically move on when no messages are here. Not much going on here, just chilling out, kinda wish there was more stuff going on too wet to do much auto stuff since i don't have a garage, of even a hard surface (ie.concrete, asphalt) to work on

Old 12-16-2005, 09:19 PM
to many oft
Senior User
steve :ever heard of anybody runnin michelin 11.00r16 ZXL or XL tires
was on another web site and a guy had them on a one ton(article was 4yr`s old)
The tires are military surplus,they measure 38" tall and around 12-13" wide
lookin to go on f350
input from every body else welcome to

Old 12-16-2005, 09:19 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Violjohn78
actually i usually check this place out every couple days, but i typically move on when no messages are here. Not much going on here, just chilling out, kinda wish there was more stuff going on too wet to do much auto stuff since i don't have a garage, of even a hard surface (ie.concrete, asphalt) to work on

What I used to do when my truck HAD to be in the yard when I worked on it. . .got me a 1/2" sheet of plywood and rolled the truck on it. It took the weight of the truck on a jack. And the finished side makes it easy to slide out from under it

I hear about not much really going on. Well, I take that back, just got back from the company X-mas party. It was ok I guess, not my thing really. They are good people though.

Bad time of year i guess for outdoorsy stuff, though it was kind of warm today. And they were saying at work that its suppossed to snow Sunday night of all things

P.S. Next time your in here and its kind of empty, post something You see the kind of stuff I post, it doesn't have to really be Ford truck related.

Old 12-16-2005, 09:23 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Personnally, no. There are a few people in the 4x4 forum running them, and there is a bit of discussion about using them. Your talking about surplus Hummer tires right?

Old 12-16-2005, 09:38 PM
to many oft
Senior User
no not the hummer tires.
these look like my mud truck tires but smaller.
go to pirate4x4 ford link rides pg6 halve way down there is a one ton with them

Old 12-16-2005, 09:44 PM
to many oft
Senior User
steve you have mail

Old 12-16-2005, 10:16 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Got your email. Yeah, those look like Hummer tires. The 4x4 forum should have more info on those than I, and probably run into someone actually usin' them Also, Those things show up on Ebay fairly often, selling in sets for pretty cheap. One last thing I seem to remember is they have some kind of draw back, like a funky rim size or sumthin'

Old 12-17-2005, 12:36 AM
Violjohn78
Senior User
well some stuff is going on, well it was on, but going to be a while before anything else happens. Good friend of mine's fiancee has from friends that well are single, and cute. Just happend to go out to dinner with him/fiancee and they were there too. They are kinda trying to set them up with people but nothing much happened, found out one of them thought i was nice. I was actually surprisingly chilled out (no expectations) but they are going out of town for a while and mosdt friends are leaving both my roomates will be gone so it's really going to be dead for the next couple weeks.

Course i'm more interested in doing stuff with the same group that was last sat. ;-) *wink*

Old 12-17-2005, 09:28 AM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Pimpin' Daddy Mac! So when will they be back so you can find just what kind of nice she meant

To Many, I'm gonna have to stick my foot in my mouth. . .they don't look like any Hummer tires I have seen. The sides did, but the center thread pattern is different. So back to your original question, lol I don't know of anyone using them

Quick Reply: If Your Reading This Va