Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Offer for local recovery help.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 11:04 PM
bigfry
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Offer for local recovery help.

Hey if you guys get stuck this winter in a bad way or out on a trail, And can't or shouldn't afford to have a wrecker help, or if they can't get to ya, post it up here, as long as its not too far, I will try to come help ya out, free of charge. I'm a crane operator, and deal with recovery on almost a daily basis. Along with rigging, pulling, lifting, etc. So throw up a post if ya need some help, I'm kinda not wanting to post my number, but maybe I could pass it out otherwise. Not looking for any wierdos ya know. I will try to looksee at the forums everyday. Guess I could set my email up to my cell. www.worldrecord1@yahoo.com Anyways, I'll help if I can. Peace.

Old 11-07-2005, 08:46 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
heya Bigfry, thanks for putting that offer out for all!!! I'll keep that in mind. (Private message sent.) So would you be pulling us out with yer stout BroncoII or one of them giant cranes? lol. If you want to go wheelin near Oologah lake sometime, lemme know. I found some trails with some good muddy ruts. I'm hoping this winter will be very mild since it was a dry dry year for most of Oklahoma.

Old 11-07-2005, 01:39 PM
RomerB2
Postmaster
Hey bigfry what engine do you have in your B2? I know you have 1 ton axles and you're running some other stuff too, but I've forgotten what engine you had. 302 if my memory is serving me right.. right?

Old 11-07-2005, 05:20 PM
bigfry
Senior User
With either my bronco2, my 2.5 ton chevy, my 04 4x4 chevy halfton, or good ol' wits and redneck ingenuity. If I don't feel comfortable getting close enough to winch etc, which I will get thru most anything, I have a 3 ton chain hoist, several comealongs, chains, straps(lifting rated straps, I have a wall covered with them, 4 or 500 ft worth), or cables, I have a pile of 40 ft 5/8 cables, 20 ft. 1 in.'ers, 1.25 inchers, etc. I know what it feels like to feel helpless, and I don't mind lending a helping hand. And yes I'm the crane operator. I know how to rig, where to rig, what will work, what won't, and what might work. I had so much experience getting my corolla out when it was on 33's 2wd using comealongs etc, I don't thing anything could get worse. I only ask for patience sometimes, because I don't have a work schedule per say. I work pretty much everyday, but its when the customer calls, I go. The job could be a 1 hr job that takes 3 days, and If I break my own stuff getting you out, I don't expect help to repair or replace, just help me like I'm helping you, to get home for another 4x4 or a trailer or something. And I will suggest where to hook onto your rig for a specific recovery procedure, but where you hook it is your responsibility, If something on your rig breaks, its your responsibility for repairs. Know that I will NEVER yank, hit, or any other abusive method people use. I might use a stretch and ******, but nothing harsh. I'm sure if I can hook one of my 4x4s up on dry ground( I usually have enough strap to get there), and can hook my milemarker with a ****** block onto a tree, and pull with my ride, and the winch. Something is going to move. And yes Romer Its a 302 in my B2. I am working on the exo-cage right now, I'm about to go hit it right now. Yea, cigar. That sounds like fun. My sister and law owned that car lot that runs thru town. She moved to tenn. I like new trails though. Oh and if your stuck on private land, I better have permission from the owner to help, or if its in a city drainage ditch or something, I want permission for being there. Cause I've been there and done that.

Old 11-07-2005, 05:24 PM
bigfry
Senior User
Think about recovering a 120 ton capacity Grove all terrain crane, 5 axles, all independent, hydraulic susp. mercedies engine, 4 of 5 axles drive, all wheel steer, locked diffs, and locked transfer cases. Curb weight, 200,000 lbs. Buried on the 169 bridge job by admiral. Dummies left it there in the dirt before a rain. A D6 barely got it moving. Barely. I deal with that stuff all the time, and No you can't use the hoist winches on the cranes for self recovery. It doesn't work that way.