Kansas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Flip4ford

Christmas Party 2005 - Sign-up

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 06:29 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Christmas Party 2005 - Sign-up

This Years Christmas Party will be at Legrand's Market in Alma, KS on December 3rd at 7pm till whenever.

Hey everyone it is time for people to sign up for the party. It's going to be a lot of fun so I hope everyone will try and be there. We have a good layout in the works. There will be appetizers galore and then prime rib, fried chicken and turkey dinners with all the fixings like mashed potatoes, baked cheese potatoes, veggies and such. Then there will be all different kinds of desserts to pick from along with drinks and great company. All this for 21 dollars a plate adult and 11 dollars for children. Oh yes there will be chicken strips, nuggets and fries or the like for the kiddies. The dinner is paid per plate but will be served family style so everyone will get to eat what and as much as they want. Very informal and we have the place to ourselves for as long as we want. For those new members you can just ask the people whom were here last year about the food and banquet room. The homemade spread the Legrand's put out is just wonderful and you will not leave hungry.

We will also have a White Elephant gift exchange for those who wish to participate. There will be two groups this year of gifts. One for the men and one for the women. You do not have to partake in the exchange but to be in on the fun you must bring a gift. There will also be a children's gift exchange to go along with the White Elephant exchange. For the kids we ask that the parents pick out a gift for their child and we will ensure those gifts get to their children. This seems to be easier on the kids with age differences as well as them not fully understanding the White Elephant exchange way of being able to take other peoples gifts. The gifts should be no more the 15 dollars for all groups.

The is our last full chapter G2G of the year so lets make it a great one. Please sign up on this thread so we know how much food we will need and what main course you will be wanting. All the food will be homemade and delicious.

Everyone who is planning on attending we would like to have a commitment by the 20th if possible. If you are unsure or are wanting to come then please let us know as soon as you can even if it is after the 20th. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to come.

For those that are for sure coming then if possible could we make arrangements to go ahead and put your payments in. They can be sent to Mark (chapter treasurer). Instead of trying to pay all that night we would like to gather the money then have the chapter make out just one check to Legrand's. Thanks for the help on this and am really looking forward to having you all there. Any questions feel free to email.

Dinner Reservations and Payments need to be sent to:

Send payments to:
FTE Ks. Chapter, Mark Petefish
515 Abilene St.
Lawrence, Ks.

Dinner at:

Legrand's Market
123 W. Third
Alma, KS

Old 11-06-2005, 06:32 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

How about a few driving instructions. Take these at your own risk!!

Wichita area: Take I-135 north to Salina and get on I-70 East to exit 328 (Wamego/Alma Highway 99) . Go right for 3 miles to Alma. Stay on 99 and go left at flashing light for 4 blocks to Third street. Take a right and go 1 block turn right and park. It is on the corner.

KC, Lawrence, Topeka area: Take I-70 west to exit 328 (Wamego/Alma Highway 99) Turn left and go to Alma. Stay on 99 and go left at flashing light for 4 blocks to Third street. Take a right and go 1 block turn right and park. It is on the corner.

Manhattan and people to the north:Take highway 24 to Wamego turn right on highway 99 and stay on it until you reach Alma. Stay on 99 and go left at flashing light for 4 blocks to Third street. Take a right and go 1 block turn right and park. It is on the corner. Or if to the north you can get on highway 99 and come straight down.

People to the west of Manhattan if you are close to I-70 just take it east until exit 328 and turn right towards Alma.

If you need instructions from any other areas just let me know and I will post them for you.

Time to celebrate and have some fun!!

Old 11-06-2005, 06:35 PM
97Centurion
Rub my Belly
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm in for 2 adults.

Old 11-06-2005, 07:06 PM
Peties3
Posting Guru
I am in for 2 adults and one child.
I was there last yr. folks and it is gonna to be the GTG to make!!!!! The food is excellent, the gift exchange is a blast and friendship is priceless!!!!!
Mark

Old 11-06-2005, 08:29 PM
KSCwgirl
Senior User
We're in, 2 adults and 1 child pls.

Old 11-06-2005, 09:21 PM
Bargodsgirl
Junior User
Count us in for 2 adults and 1 child.

Tony- did you convince one of the Hooters girls to come with you? Or you just planning on eating two plates? We know how you get at those 'all you can eat' places

Old 11-06-2005, 10:02 PM
97Centurion
Rub my Belly
Originally Posted by Bargodsgirl
Tony- did you convince one of the Hooters girls to come with you? Or you just planning on eating two plates? We know how you get at those 'all you can eat' places
lol No, Just being nice and buying someone dinner.

Old 11-06-2005, 11:57 PM
FTEWidow
New User
Thanks Rollie that's how me and JennYwere trying to get the information worded so others would understand it when we were explaining about the gift exchange. Looks like your's turned out better. Either way I'm sure everyone got the point.

Last edited by fordborn; 11-07-2005 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:07 AM
97Centurion
Rub my Belly
I'm glad you got the "Y" correct.

Last edited by fordborn; 11-07-2005 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:08 AM
FTEWidow
New User
Yes that would be pretty bad if I didn't know how to spell my own daughters name right!!!

Old 11-07-2005, 03:19 PM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I'll be there. Still checking on another. Prime rib sounds good.

Old 11-08-2005, 07:34 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

For just a little idea of what you are in for, check out some pictures from last years party.

2004 Christmas Party

Old 11-09-2005, 10:51 PM
mmckee
Senior User
Thumbs up

thats 2 adults here

Old 11-10-2005, 12:36 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

I'm in for 2 prime.

Where is everyone else?

Please remember that Dinner Reservations and Payments need to be sent to:

FTE Ks. Chapter, Mark Petefish
515 Abilene St.
Lawrence, Ks.

Last edited by fordborn; 11-10-2005 at 01:15 PM.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:35 PM
FTEWidow
New User
2 for you or 1 for you and 1 for me?

Quick Reply: Christmas Party 2005 - Sign-up