Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-30-2005, 01:51 PM
Senior User

93-331-29PSI is starting off with a positive reputation.
Va Beach, Need help using 210 gallons WVO weekly

I need someone local that is homebrewing Biodiesel or interested in homebrewing to help me collect and use spproximately 210 gallons of WVO per week. I can use maybe 60 gallons a week tops, but can't get a deal unless I take it all from all 6 restaraunts. PM if local and interested in partnering. Have performed a titration on 1 liter and it the used oil isn't that bad.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:33 PM
Posting Guru

kennedyford is starting off with a positive reputation.
You can store bio with an addative for a long while. I suggest you barrel it up, get a CB and sell it to owner operators for 70 bucks a barrel, thats 1.27 a gallon. Thats what im gonna do here in Arizona if I can make it properly.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:02 AM
Senior User

93-331-29PSI is starting off with a positive reputation.
210 gallons a week equals about would equals 10920 gallons in one year, 210 barrels, enough fuel to put over 200,000 miles on my truck. With 55 gallon drums costing $20 each and needing 4 a week to store the fuel equals about $80 a week in barrels and I don't want to have to put the money saved into buying barrels. Not to mention the methanol at $250 per barrel and the cost of lye. But at a $.70 per gallon to make selling for $1.27 per barrel works out to $11.35 profit per barrel, I don't think that will cover the electricity that goes into making the fuel. Besides I don't think the neighbors want to see barrels pile up over the next year.

Add
Old 11-03-2005, 05:45 AM
Posting Guru

kennedyford is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wow, I guess your costs are higher than mine. Hope you find an outsource.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:53 AM
New User

task89 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Newport News

I would be interested with going in with you. I had just ordered a sample kit to try on my truck. (03' F350 King Ranch). Sick of paying 2.60+ a gal. Catch me on yahoo as ktask325.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:53 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels

Tags
ktask325