Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > General NON-Automotive Conversation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-28-2005, 10:41 AM
Post Fiend

cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.
how cold does it have to be to kill off ticks?

I want to take my kids hiking in a heavily wooded area this weekend. Earlier this summer we went,and the ticks were terrible. how cold does it have to be to kill off the ticks? we have had a few mornings when the temp was in the high 30's and there was frost on the windshields. is that cold enough? thanks,Ben
Old 10-28-2005, 10:43 AM
Avid Winter Hater

MisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputation
I would give it a shot. They should all be toast as long as its been below freezing for a week or so, long enough to freeze the ground. They are most likely dying off, and I wouldn't worry about the ticks now. Just make sure that you check your kids for ticks, and have a good time!
Hope & A Prayer Motorsports
Old 10-28-2005, 10:51 AM
Posting Guru

Buckarcher is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Buckarcher is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I'm still picking them off dogs and cats in MN. They will thaw out during the day and get active if it warms up and the sun is out. There won't be very many of them but check anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorseshoeing
I've got a set of hand cuffs, ...and try as I might, I could not choke myself.
'Damn it, Otto, you're an alcoholic.' 'Damn it, Otto, you have lupus.' One of those two doesn't sound right.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:51 AM