Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-27-2005, 12:32 PM
Freshman User

digracer is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question Glycerin uses?

What do you do with your glycerin after making bio? I have heard soap and degreaser, but I can only use so much soap and degreaser. I expect to have about 10 gallons of glycerin bye-product a week! What are some other uses?

Also, when people say it makes a good soap, do they mean hand soap, dish soap, laundry soap, bath soap..............?
Old 10-27-2005, 07:49 PM
Senior User

scole250 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Suppositories? I read somewhere that it has over 1,000 uses, but I couldn't find any of the uses actually listed...other than soap.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:38 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Talking Glycerin Use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digracer
What do you do with your glycerin after making bio? I have heard soap and degreaser, but I can only use so much soap and degreaser. I expect to have about 10 gallons of glycerin bye-product a week! What are some other uses?

Also, when people say it makes a good soap, do they mean hand soap, dish soap, laundry soap, bath soap..............?
Hi D; I've got 800 gal! Need some extra? Glycerin burns great! I just built my 1st "babington" burner and will use it to burn glycerin to supply the heat for my new 300 gal processer. I'm going to build a 2nd burner to heat my shop, and house. I've also got access to about a ton a week of 400mesh wood sanding dust for free. I'm thinking about building a 1/3 scale pellet mill to use to pelletize woodfiber/glycerin into a product I can sell. And yes you can make almost any kind of soap too! FABMANDELUX
Old 10-28-2005, 09:51 AM
Freshman User

I really don't need to burn it. It doesn't get cold enough out here to need heat. I've just been thinking of making a furnace to dispose of it. I've heard it is less harsh than laundry detergent, but I don't think I want to dump it into my septic tank either.

HMMMM.....decisions, decisions!
Old 11-02-2005, 04:53 PM
Posting Guru

kennedyford is starting off with a positive reputation.
Make sure you recoup your methanol out of it. Just compose it if need be or make your own oilburner conversion and heat water to run through you bio. Self sustaining system. Where is Marana?
Old 11-03-2005, 11:56 AM
Freshman User

I live off of Misslebase rd. just past the Pinal airpark exit.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:57 PM
Posting Guru

kennedyford is starting off with a positive reputation.
Like I said before if i spelled it correctly. You can just throw it into a compost pile or throw it away. Im up here in Avondale now and movin to Anthem north of phoenix.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:57 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels

Tags
babington, burner, glycerin, glycerine