Alaska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Diesel Excursion For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 12:17 AM
WigWag
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diesel Excursion For Sale

I am selling my 2003 Excursion 6.0 PDS 4x4 Eddie Bauer Edition.

Engine: It has the 6.0 PSD with 58,000 miles on it. I have owned it for 2 1/2 years. I drove it up to Alaska from Rhode Island. I also used to pull a 32 foot travel trailer with it. Not one hiccup or issue. It has gone in for the associated recalls and TSB's. But not one issue. I have performed all regular oil changes with Shell Rotella 15W-40, except in winter where I use 0W-40. The engine has a block heater, along with heaters on the oil and tranny pans. The air filter was changed after the fires from last summer. It has about 10-12,000 miles since then

Exterior: It is Blue with tan lower two-tone. It also has a billett Aluminum grille and lighted running boards. There are no dents or dings. There are some rock chips in the painted from bumper from all the darn gravel that gets thrown down in winter, but nothing major. Paint is excellent with no major scratches. Tires have about 15,000 miles on them (replaced under Firestone recall). Overall, excellent exterior.

Interior: Tan carpet with two-tone leather seating. There is a third row seat. The surfaces are excellent, except for the drivers seat which shows normal wear from getting in and out. It has an in-dash 6 CD changer and a factory Rear Seat DVD System. Automatic climate control with rear climate control. There are 4 power point outlets, power rear vent windows, extra floor mats, and a rear cargo area guard.

This truck is in excellent shape. I originally went to trade this in but never went through with the deal due to a poor experience. So, I am going to try and make someone a good deal and sell for exactly what the dealership offered me on a trade.

If you are interested, feel more than free to contact me. I will be happy to send pictures or answer questions. I live in Fairbanks.

Frank

Old 11-07-2005, 08:04 PM
Crumm
Elder User
Any luck selling it? We are thinking about selling our 2000 PSD Excursion and was just wondering if you had any bites at all. Trade in on ours is $15,000 but retail is $22,800 so I would like to get something in the middle. I will keep it before I take $15,000.

Old 11-08-2005, 02:01 AM
WigWag
Senior User
I had one member contact me, but have not heard back from him. So, I am trading it in tomorrow on a 2005 Nissan Xterra. They are giving me 28,000 on a trade which I think is fair.

The Xterra is not exactly what I want, BUT, I feel they are giving me a fair trade-in considering the current market. Plus, they knocked about a 1000 off the vehicle and there is a $2000 rebate and with $8500 in equity, it will be inexpensive. And it will provide what I really want- reasonably efficient, good off-road capability, decent towing capacity (5000 lbs.). But most of all, these are popular, so I should be able to sell it easily for a good price when I am ready for something bigger.

Anyway, market is rough for these right now. I have tried for months to sell it with no luck. I hope you have better success than I did. With my situation, I just wanted get rid of it since I will probably deploy on my next move. Shame, it is a fanstastic truck.

Good Luck...

WigWag

Old 11-08-2005, 02:59 PM
Y2K350
Elder User
Be very careful with the local Nissan dealer. I am not slamming anyone because we have all had good and bad experiences with car dealers. Just make sure the deal they say they are giving you is accurate. Don't be completely trusting with their math. I have sometimes found that what they are presenting and what you are getting sometimes just doesn't add up.

Don't be afraid to get your calculator and amoratization schedule out to make sure they aren't giving you smoke and mirrors.

Tony

Old 11-09-2005, 01:39 AM
WigWag
Senior User
Thanks for the heads up. I will double check everything with them before I buy. When I went in there, I asked for bottom line numbers: First we talked the vehicle price without the rebates- told them what I would pay. Next, we talked trade. Stated the minimum I would take. They gave it to me. Took the rebate off the price, added in license and Doc fee and came up with a total. So I know what the bottom line "should" be when we go over the final numbers. We will see...

WigWag

Last edited by WigWag; 11-09-2005 at 01:41 AM.
Old 03-04-2006, 12:29 AM
Bretters
New User
Frank:

I just found this websight tonight and am just interesterd to see if you ever did end up selling or trading in the Excursion. I am definintely looking for one as we have 3 children and one more on the way right now. Our current vehhicle is getting too small. Please let me know. Thanks.

Bret

Old 03-04-2006, 06:54 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
...Welcome to Ford Truck Enthusiasts!

We are happy you have chosen the best source for Fords.

Enjoy FTE....and
JOIN CLUB FTE -SUPPORT THE FORUMS!
…..See you on the boards.